- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 280515, 12 pages
IPARK: Location-Aware-Based Intelligent Parking Guidance over Infrastructureless VANETs
School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu 611731, China
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 13 November 2012
Academic Editor: Haigang Gong
Copyright © 2012 Hui Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Schrank and T. Lomax, “Annual urban mobility report,” 2005, http://www.pittsburghregion.org/ public/ cfm/ library/ reports.
- D. Shoup, “Cruising for parking,” Access, vol. 30, pp. 16–22, 2007.
- J. Chinrungrueng, U. Sunantachaikul, and S. Triamlumlerd, “Smart parking: an application of optical wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops (SAINTW ’07), pp. 66–69, January 2007.
- Y. Z. Bi, L. M. Sun, H. S. Zhu, T. X. Yan, and Z. J. Luo, “Parking management system based on wireless sensor network,” Acta Automatica Sinica, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 877–968, 2006.
- R. Lu, X. Lin, H. Zhu, and X. Shen, “SPARK: a new VANET-based smart parking scheme for large parking lots,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 1413–1421, April 2009.
- R. Panayappan, J. M. Trivedi, A. Studer, and A. Perrig, “VANET-based approach for parking space availability,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET '07), pp. 75–76, September 2007.
- Advanced Parking Management Systems: A Cross-Cutting Study-Taking the Stress Out of Parking, Federal Highway Administration, Intelligent Transportation Systems, U.S. Department of Transportation, 2007.
- M. Caliskan, D. Graupner, and M. Mauve, “Decentralized discovery of free parking places,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET '06), pp. 30–39, September 2006.
- S. Mathur, T. Jin, N. Kasturirangan et al., “ParkNet: drive-by sensing of road-side parking statistics,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys '10), pp. 123–136, June 2010.
- N. Liu, M. Liu, W. Lou, G. Chen, and J. Cao, “PVA in VANETs: stopped cars are not silent,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '11), pp. 431–435, April 2011.
- S. Olariu, I. Khalil, and M. Abuelela, “Taking VANET to the clouds,” International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, vol. 7, pp. 7–21, 2011.
- C. Morency and M. Trépanier, Characterizing Parking Spaces Using Travel Survey Data, CIRRELT, 2006.
- A. Adiv and W. Wang, “On-street parking meter behavior,” Transportation Quarterly, vol. 41, pp. 281–307, 1987.
- B. Albanese and G. Matlack, “Utilization of parking lots in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA, and impacts on local streams,” Environmental Management, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 265–271, 1999.
- Y. Bao, H. Xu, and Z. Liu, “Vector map geo-location using GPS tracks,” in Cartographic Theory and Models (Geoinformatics '07), vol. 6751 of Proceedings of SPIE, May 2007.
- G. R. Jagadeesh, T. Srikanthan, and X. D. Zhang, “A map matching method for GPS based real-time vehicle location,” Journal of Navigation, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 429–440, 2005.
- J. F. Kurose and K. W. Ross, A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet, 2012.
- A. Vahdat and D. Becker, Epidemic Routing for Partially Connected Ad Hoc Networks, 2000.
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, “GPSR: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 243–254, August 2000.