- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 301750, 14 pages
A Secure Cluster Formation Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Advanced KREONET Service, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information,
Daejeon 305-806, Republic of Korea
2Division of Computer Engineering, Jeonbuk National University, Jeonju 561-756, Republic of Korea
Received 15 June 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Mihui Kim
Copyright © 2012 Gicheol Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, “HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 366–379, 2004.
- G. Gupta and M. Younis, “Performance evaluation of load-balanced clustering of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT '03), vol. 2, pp. 1577–1583, March 2003.
- G. Wang, K. S. Song, and G. Cho, “DIRECT: dynamic key renewal using secure cluster head election in wireless sensor networks,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, vol. E93-D, no. 6, pp. 1560–1571, 2010.
- G. Wang and G. Cho, “Clustering-based key renewals for wireless sensor networks,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E92-B, no. 2, pp. 612–615, 2009.
- M. Sirivianos, D. Westhoff, F. Armknecht, and J. Girao, “Non-manipulable aggregator node election protocols for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt '07), pp. 1–10, April 2007.
- Q. Dong and D. Liu, “Resilient cluster leader election for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON '09), pp. 108–116, June 2009.
- G. Wang and G. Cho, “Secure cluster head election using mark based exclusion inwireless sensor networks,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E93-B, no. 11, pp. 2925–2935, 2010.
- A. C. Ferreira, M. A. Vilaca, L. B. Oliveira, E. Habib, H. C. Wong, and A. A. Loureiro, “On the security of cluster-based communication protocols for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on on Networking, pp. 449–458, 2005.
- L. B. Oliveira, H. C. Wong, M. Bern, R. Dahab, and A. A. F. Loureiro, “SecLEACH-A random key distribution solution for securing clustered sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA '06), pp. 145–152, July 2006.
- D. Liu, “Resilient cluster formation for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS '07), pp. 40–48, 2007.
- K. Sun, P. Peng, P. Ning, and C. Wang, “Secure distributed cluster formation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC '06), pp. 131–140, December 2006.
- A. Perrig, R. Szewczyk, J. D. Tygar, V. Wen, and D. E. Culler, “SPINS: security protocols for sensor networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 521–534, 2002.
- H. Rifà-Pous and J. Herrera-Joancomartí, “A fair and secure cluster formation process for Ad hoc networks,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 625–636, 2011.
- Y. C. Hu and A. Perrig, “Wormhole attacks in wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 370–379, 2006.
- A. S. Wandert, N. Gura, H. Eberle, V. Gupta, and S. C. Shantz, “Energy analysis of public-key cryptography for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom '05), pp. 324–328, March 2005.
- D. R. Raymond and S. F. Midkiff, “Denial-of-service in wireless sensor networks: attacks and defenses,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 74–81, 2008.
- J. R. Douceur, “The sybil attack,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-peer Systems, March 2002.
- B. Parno, A. Perrig, and V. Gligor, “Distributed detection of node replication attacks in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P '05), pp. 49–63, May 2005.