- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 317020, 13 pages
Continuous Remote Monitoring in Hazardous Sites Using Sensor Technologies
1University of Florence and The MIDRA Consortium, 50139 Florence, Italy
2Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Department, Eni S.p.A., 00144 Rome, Italy
3Netsens s.r.l, Sesto Fiorentino, 50019 Florence, Italy
Received 12 March 2012; Revised 14 May 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Chih-Yung Chang
Copyright © 2012 Gianfranco Manes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Manes, R. Fusco, L. Gelpi, A. Manes, D. Di Palma, and G. Collodi, Real-Time Monitoring of Volatile Organic Compounds in Hazardous Sites, chapter 14, Intech Book, Environmental Monitoring, 2011.
- W. Tsujita, H. Ishida, and T. Moriizumi, “Dynamic gas sensor network for air pollution monitoring and its auto-calibration,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sensors, pp. 56–59, October 2004.
- F. Tsow, E. Forzani, A. Rai et al., “A wearable and wireless sensor system for real-time monitoring of toxic environmental volatile organic compounds,” IEEE on Sensors Journal, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 1734–1740, 20092009.
- S. Choi, N. Kim, H. Cha, and R. Ha, “Micro sensor node for air pollutant monitoring: hardware and software issues,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 7970–7987, 2009.
- R. Szewczyk, A. Mainwaring, J. Polastre, J. Anderson, and D. Culler, “An analysis of a large scale habitat monitoring application,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 214–226, Baltimore, Md, USA, November 2004.
- R. Adler, P. Buonadonna, J. Chabra et al., “Design and deployment of industrial sensor networks: experiences from the North Sea and a semiconductor plant,” in Proceedings of the ACM SenSys, San Diego, Calif, USA, November 2005.
- MiniPID User Manual V1.8., IonScience, 2000.
- G. F. Manes, unpublished results.
- J. Jeong, D. Culler, and J. H. Oh, “Empirical analysis of transmission power control algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '07), pp. 27–34, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, June 2007.
- G. Manes, R. Fantacci, F. Chiti et al., “Energy efficient MAC protocols for Wireless Sensor networks endowed with Directive antennas: a cross-layer solution,” in Proceedings of IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS '08), pp. 239–242, Orlando, Fla, USA, January 2008.