- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324935, 15 pages
Multiagent-Based Data Fusion in Environmental Monitoring Networks
1IBCN-IBBT, Department of Information Technology, Ghent University, Gaston Crommenlaan 8, Bus 201, 9050 Ghent, Belgium
2Acoustics Group, Department of Information Technology, Ghent University, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Received 24 November 2011; Revised 22 March 2012; Accepted 6 April 2012
Academic Editor: Donggang Liu
Copyright © 2012 Samuel Dauwe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Mottola and G. P. Picco, “Programming wireless sensor networks: fundamental concepts and state of the art,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 19:1–19:51, 2011.
- K. Henricksen and R. Robinson, “A survey of middleware for sensor networks: state-of-the-art and future directions,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Middleware for Sensor Networks (MidSens '06), pp. 60–65, November 2006, Co-located with Middleware 2006.
- N. R. Jennings, K. Sycara, and M. Wooldridge, “A roadmap of agent research and development,” Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 7–38, 1998.
- P. Costa, G. Coulson, C. Mascolo, L. Mottola, G. P. Picco, and S. Zachariadis, “Reconfigurable component-based middleware for networked embedded systems,” International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 149–162, 2007.
- The OSGi Alliance The OSGi framework, 2011, http://www.osgi.org.
- D. Hughes, K. Thoelen, W. Horré et al., “LooCI: a loosely-coupled component infrastructure for networked embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM '09), pp. 195–203, December 2009.
- Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME), 2011, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javame/index.html.
- P. Boonma and J. Suzuki, “BiSNET: a biologically-inspired middleware architecture for self-managing wireless sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 16, pp. 4599–4616, 2007.
- P. K. Biswas, H. Qi, and Y. Xu, “Mobile-agent-based collaborative sensor fusion,” Information Fusion, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 399–411, 2008.
- Y. Ma, M. Richards, M. Ghanem, Y. Guo, and J. Hassard, “Air pollution monitoring and mining based on sensor Grid in London,” Sensors, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 3601–3623, 2008.
- M. Bell and F. Galatioto, “Novel wireless pervasive sensors network to improve the understanding of noise across urban areas,” in Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Noise Control (Euronoise '09), Edinburgh, UK, 2009.
- L. Luo, Q. Cao, C. Huang et al., “Design, implementation, and evaluation of EnviroMic: a storage-centric audio sensor network,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1–35, 2009.
- A. Can, M. Rademaker, T. Van Renterghem et al., “Correlation analysis of noise and ultrafine particle counts in a street canyon,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 409, no. 3, pp. 564–572, 2011.
- T. Van Renterghem, P. Thomas, F. Dominguez et al., “On the ability of consumer electronics microphones for environmental noise monitoring,” Journal of Environmental Monitoring, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 544–552, 2011.
- K. B. Lee and M. E. Reichardt, “Open standards for homeland security sensor networks—sensor interconnection and integration trough Web access,” IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 14–21, 2005.
- M. Botts, G. Percivall, C. Reed, and J. Davidson, “OGC sensor web enablement: overview and high level architecture,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4540, pp. 175–190, 2008.
- S. Cox, “Geographic information: observations and measurements OGC abstract specification topic 20,” in OpenGIS Abstract Specification 10-004r3, 2010, Version: 2.0.0.
- 52North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH, 2011, http://52north.org/.
- A. Na and M. Priest, OGC Implementation Specification 06-009r6: OpenGIS Sensor Observation Service (SOS), Open Geospatial Consortium, Wayland, Mass, USA, 2007.
- I. Simonis, OGC Best Practices 06-028r3: OGC Sensor Alert Service Candidate Implementation Specification, Open Geospatial Consortium, Wayland, Mass, USA, 2006.
- F. Bellifemine, G. Caire, A. Poggi, and G. Rimassa, “JADE: a software framework for developing multi-agent applications. Lessons learned,” Information and Software Technology, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 10–21, 2008.
- IEEE Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents, 2011, http://www.fipa.org/.
- J. S. Rellermeyer and G. Alonso, “Concierge: a service platform for resource-constrained devices,” ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 245–258, 2007.
- A. Bottaro and F. Rivard, “RFP 126 OSGi ME—An OSGi Profille for Embedded Devices,” OSGi Alliance, 2009.
- Sun SPOT World, 2011, http://www.sunspotworld.com/.
- C. Muldoon, G. M. P. O'hare, R. Collier, M. J. O'grady, et al., “Agent factory micro edition: a framework for ambient applications,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Science, pp. 727–734, 2006.
- F. Bellifemine, G. Caire, and D. Greenwood, “Running JADE agents on mobile devices,” in Developing Multi-Agent Systems with JADE, chapter 8, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2007.
- B. Chen, H. H. Cheng, and J. Palen, “Merging agents and services the JIAC agent platform,” Multi-Agent Programming, vol. 1, pp. 159–185, 2009.
- H. Benjamin, K. Thomas, and H. Axel, “Mobile-C: a mobile agent platform for mobile C/C++ agents,” Software: Practice and Experience, vol. 36, no. 15, pp. 1711–1733, 2006.
- Y. G. Ha, “Dynamic integration of Zigbee home networks into home gateways using OSGi service registry,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 470–476, 2009.
- J. Stender, S. Kaiser, and S. Albayrak, “Mobility-based runtime load balancing in multi-agent systems,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE '06), Knowledge Systems Institute, 2006.
- S. Eludiora, O. Abiona, G. Aderounmu, A. Oluwatope, C. Onime, and L. Kehinde, “A load balancing policy for distributed web service,” International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 645–654, 2010.
- Alix 3C3, 2011, http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3c3.htm.
- Voyage Linux: x86 Embedded Linux = Green Computing, 2011, http://linux.voyage.hk/.
- IDEA (Intelligent, Distributed, Environmental Assessment) Project, 2011, http://idea.intec.ugent.be/en/.