- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 345316, 14 pages
Truthful Relay Assignment for Cooperative Communication in Wireless Networks with Selfish Source-Destination Pairs
1Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, China
2Suzhou Institute for Advanced Study, University of Science and Technology of China, Suzhou 215123, China
3School of Urban Rail Transportation, Soochow University, Suzhou 215100, China
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editor: Fu Xiao
Copyright © 2012 Gang Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, “Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062–3080, 2004.
- T. C.-Y. Ng and W. Yu, “Joint optimization of relay strategies and resource allocations in cooperative cellular networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 328–339, 2007.
- Y. Zhao, R. Adve, and T. J. Lim, “Improving amplify-and-forward relay networks: optimal power allocation versus selection,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '06), pp. 1234–1238, Seattle, Wash, USA, July 2006.
- J. Cai, X. Shen, J. W. Mark, and A. S. Alfa, “Semi-distributed user relaying algorithm for amplify-and-forward wireless relay networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1348–1357, 2008.
- Y. Shi, S. Sharma, Y. T. Hou, and S. Kompella, “Optimal relay assignment for cooperative communications,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing 2008 (MobiHoc '08), pp. 3–12, May 2008.
- S. Sharma, Y. Shi, Y. T. Hou, and S. Kompella, “An optimal algorithm for relay node assignment in cooperative Ad Hoc networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 879–892, 2011.
- S. Kadloor and R. Adve, “Relay selection and power allocation in cooperative cellular networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1676–1685, 2010.
- X. Zhang, A. Ghrayeb, and M. Hasna, “Relay assignment schemes for multiple source-destination cooperative networks,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT '10), pp. 147–152, April 2010.
- H. Xu, L. Huang, G. Wang, T. Xu, and G. Liu, “Joint relay assignment and power allocation for cooperative communications,” Wireless Networks, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2209–2219, 2010.
- D. Li, Y. Xu, J. Liu, and X. Wang, “Relay assignment and cooperation maintenance in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '10), April 2010.
- D. Yang, X. Fang, and G. Xue, “HERA: an optimal relay assignment scheme for cooperative networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 245–253, 2012.
- D. Yang, X. Fang, and G. Xue, “Truthful auction for cooperative communications,” in Proceedings of the 12th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (ACM MOBIHOC '11), pp. 89–98, 2011.
- N. Shastry and R. S. Adve, “Stimulating cooperative diversity in wireless ad hoc networks through pricing,” in 2006 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '06), pp. 3747–3752, July 2006.
- B. Wang, Z. Han, and K. J. Ray Liu, “Distributed relay selection and power control for multiuser cooperative communication networks using buyer/ seller game,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '07), pp. 544–552, May 2007.
- J. Huang, Z. Han, M. Chiang, and H. V. Poor, “Auction-based resource allocation for cooperative communications,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1226–1237, 2008.
- L. Anderegg and S. Eidenbenz, “Ad hoc-VCG: a truthful and cost-efficient routing protocol for mobile Ad hoc Networks with selfish agents,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 245–259, September 2003.
- J. Jia, Q. Zhang, Q. Zhang, and M. Liu, “Revenue generation for truthful spectrum auction in dynamic spectrum access,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '09), pp. 3–12, May 2009.
- J. Shu and P. Varaiya, “Smart pay access control via incentive alignment,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1051–1060, 2006.
- S. Zhong, J. Chen, and Y. R. Yang, “Sprite: a simple, cheat-proof, credit-based system for mobile ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (Infocom '03), pp. 1987–1997, April 2003.
- L. Buttyan and J. Hubaux, “Enforce service availability in mobile as-hoc wans,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing (MobiHoc '00), pp. 87–96, 2000.
- J. Munkres, “Algorithm for the assignment and transportation problem,” Journal of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 5, pp. 32–38, 1957.