- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 370935, 11 pages
A Novel Coverage Enhancement Algorithm for Image Sensor Networks
1College of Computer, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Nanjing 210003, China
2Jiangsu High Technology Research Key Laboratory for Wireless Sensor Networks, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Nanjing 210003, China
3Key Lab of Broadband Wireless Communication and Sensor Network Technology of Ministry of Education, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Nanjing 210003, China
4College of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing 210016, China
Received 3 November 2011; Revised 13 March 2012; Accepted 13 March 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Haiping Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M C. Zhao, J. Y. Lei, M. Y. Wu, et al., “Surface coverage in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 109–117, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2099.
- H. D. Ma, X. Zhang, and A. L. Ming, “A coverage-enhancing method for 3D directional sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 2091–2795, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2009.
- X. Bai, S. Kumar, D. Xuan, Z. Yun, and T. H. Lai, “Deploying wireless sensors to achieve both coverage and connectivity,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MOBIHOC '06), pp. 131–142, Florence, Italy, May 2006.
- X. Han, X. Cao, E. L. Lloyd, and C. C. Shen, “Deploying directional sensor networks with guaranteed connectivity and coverage,” in Proceedings of the 5th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, (SECON '08), pp. 153–160, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 2008.
- A. Jing and A. A. Alhussein, “Coverage by directional sensors in randomly deployed wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Network Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 21–41, 2006.
- H. Mohamed and A. Hossien, “A probabilistic coverage protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '07), pp. 41–50, Beijing, China, 2007.
- G. Wang, G. Cao, and T. F. La Porta, “Movement-assisted sensor deployment,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 640–652, 2006.
- D. Tao, H. D. Ma, and L. Liu, “Virtual potential field based coverage-enhancing algorithm for directional sensor networks,” Journal of Software, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1152–1163, 2007.
- Y. Zou and C. Krishnendu, “Sensor deployment and target localization based on virtual forces,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications, vol. 2, pp. 1293–1303, Francisco, Calif, USA, 2003.
- H Oztarak, A Yazici, D Aksoy, et al., “Multimedia Processing in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT’07), pp. 78–82, Dubai, UEA, 2007.
- S. Stanislava and B. H. Wendi, “On the coverage problem in video-based wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Broadband Networks (BROADNETS '05), vol. 2, pp. 932–939, Boston, Mass, USA, October 2005.
- A Howard, M. J. Matari’c, and G. S. Sukhatme, “Mobile sensor network deployment using potential field: a distributed scalable solution to the area coverage problem,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotics Systems (DARS’02), pp. 299–308, Japan Scientific & Technical Information, Fukuoka, Japan, 2002.
- P. Jiao, H. J. Wang, and F. G. Ding, “Local path planning method for autonomous underwater vehicle based on virtual field force,” Ship Building of China, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 76–81, 2007.
- K Benkic, M Malajner, P. Planinsic, et al., “Using RSSI value for distance estimation in Wireless sensor networks based on ZigBee,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP '08), pp. 303–306, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, 2008.
- R. H. Wu, Y. H. Lee, H. W. Tseng, et al., “Study of characteristics of RSSI signal,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, (ICIT’08), pp. 1–3, Chengdu, China, 2008.