- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 381726, 12 pages
Environment-Aware CMT for Efficient Video Delivery in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks
1State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications,
Beijing 100876, China
2Institute of Sensing Technology and Business, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Wuxi 214028, China
3National Engineering Laboratory for Next Generation Internet Interconnection Devices, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Chin-Feng Lai
Copyright © 2012 Yuanlong Cao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Prasanna and T. Melodia, “Compressed-sensing-enabled video streaming for wireless multimedia sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1060–1072, 2012.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdury, “Wireless multimedia sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 32–39, 2007.
- H. Xu, L. Huang, C. Qiao, Y. Zhang, and Q. Sun, “Bandwidth-power aware cooperative multipath routing for wireless multimedia sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1532–1543, 2012.
- R. Stewart, “Stream control transmission protocol,” IETF RFC 4960, Proposed Standard, 2007.
- B. Jinsuk, S. Paul Fisher, J. Minho, and H.-H. Chen, “A lightweight sctp for partially reliable overlay video multicast service for mobile terminals,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 754–766, 2010.
- C. Xu, G.-M. Muntean, E. Fallon, and A. Hanley, “Distributed storage-assisted data-driven overlay network for P2P VoD services,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2009.
- J. R. Iyengar, P. D. Amer, and R. Stewart, “Concurrent multipath transfer using SCTP multihoming over independent end-to-end paths,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 951–964, 2006.
- C. Xu, T. Liu, J. Guan, H. Zhang, and G.-M. Muntean, “CMT-QA: qualityaware adaptive concurrent multipath data transfer in heterogeneous wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. In press.
- E. Felemban, C. G. Lee, and E. Ekici, “MMSPEED: multipath Multi-SPEED Protocol for QoS guarantee of reliability and timeliness in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 738–753, 2006.
- I. Politis, M. Tsagkaropoulos, T. Dagiuklas, and S. Kotsopoulos, “Power efficient video multipath transmission over wireless multimedia sensor networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 13, no. 3-4, pp. 274–284, 2008.
- N. Stephan, S. Varakliotis, and P. Kirstein, “Transport layer multipath on wireless sensor network backhaul links,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, pp. 469–472, Athens, Greece, June 2009.
- Y. Qiao, X. Yan, E. Fallon, and A. Hanley, “Handover strategies in multihomed body sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Information Technology and Telecommunications Conference, pp. 183–189, Dublin, Ireland, October 2007.
- C. Lu and Q. Wu, “Performance study on SNMP and SIP over SCTP in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp. 844–847, PyeongChang, South of Korea, February 2012.
- C. Xu, E. Fallon, Y. Qiao, L. Zhong, and G.-M. Muntean, “Performance evaluation of multimedia content distribution over multi-homed wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 204–215, 2011.
- C. Xu, E. Fallon, Y. Qiao, G. M. Muntean, X. Li, and A. Hanley, “Performance evaluation of distributing real-time video over concurrent multipath,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Budapest, Hungary, April 2009.
- C.-M. Huang and M.-S. Lin, “Multimedia streaming using partially reliable concurrent multipath transfer for multihomed networks,” IET Communications, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 587–597, 2011.
- C.-M. Huang and M. S. Lin, “Fast retransmission for Concurrent Multipath Transfer (CMT) over vehicular networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 386–388, 2011.
- L. Cui, S.-J. Koh, and W. J. Lee, “Fast selective ACK scheme for throughput enhancement of multi-homed SCTP hosts,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 587–589, 2010.
- S. Shailendra, R. Bhattacharjee, and K. Sanjay Bose, “MPSCTP: a simple and efficient multipath algorithm for SCTP,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1139–1141, 2011.
- Y. Wang, J. Ostermanm, and Y. Q. Zhang, Video Processing and Communications, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Q. Zhang, W. Zhu, and Y. Q. Zhang, “Resource allocation for multimedia streaming over the Internet,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 339–355, 2001.
- F. Zhang, C. K. Wu, P. X. Cheng, and S. Xiao, “Research on an improved scalable video coding and the network transmission,” Dianzi Yu Xinxi Xuebao/Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 108–111, 2005.
- S. Floyd and E. Kohler, “Internet research needs better models,” ACM Computer Communications Review, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2003.
- M. Fomenkov, K. Keys, D. Moore, and K. Claffy, “Longitudinal study of Internet traffic in 1998–2003,” in Proceedings of theWinter International Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies, pp. 1–6, Cancun, Mexico, January 2004.
- The Network Simulator,ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/.
- A. Chan, K. Zeng, P. Mohapatra, S. Lee, and S. Banerjee, “Metrics for evaluating video streaming quality in lossy IEEE 802.11 wireless. Networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, pp. 1–6, Cancun, Mexico, March 2010.
- P. Natarajan, F. Baker, P. D. Amer, and J. T. Leighton, “SCTP: what, why, and how,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 81–85, 2009.
- S. Misra, M. Reisslein, and G. Xue, “A survey of multimedia streaming in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 10, no. 1–4, pp. 18–39, 2008.
- E. Callaway, P. Gorday, L. Hester et al., “Home networking with IEEE 802.15.4: a developing standard for low-rate wireless personal area networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 70–77, 2002.
- A. Caro, P. Amer, J. Iyengar, and R. Janardhan Iyengar, “Retransmission policies with transport layer multihoming,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Networks, pp. 255–260, Sydney, Australia, October 2003.
- Y. Cao, C. Xu, J. Guan, and H. Zhang, “Background traffic-based retransmission algorithm for multimedia streaming transfer over concurrent multipaths,” International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, vol. 2012, Article ID 789579, 10 pages, 2012.
- Y. Cao, C. Xu, J. Guan, and H. Zhang, “Cross-layer retransmission approach for efficient VoD transfer over multi-homed wireless networks,” International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications. In press.