- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 387192, 8 pages
Distributed Energy-Efficient Topology Control Algorithm in Home M2M Networks
Institute of Computer and Communication Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering,
National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Received 19 April 2012; Revised 7 August 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: Zhong Fan
Copyright © 2012 Chao-Yang Lee and Chu-Sing Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Zhang, R. Yu, S. Xie, W. Yao, Y. Xiao, and M. Guizani, “Home M2M networks: architectures, standards, and QoS improvement,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 44–52, 2011.
- S. Agarwal, C. Peylo, R. Borgaonkar, and J. P. Seifert, “Operator-based over-the-air M2M wireless sensor network security,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Intelligence in Next Generation Networks, pp. 1–5, October 2010.
- N. Wang, N. Zhang, and M. Wang, “Wireless sensors in agriculture and food industry—recent development and future perspective,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2006.
- G. Wu, S. Talwar, K. Johnsson, N. Himayat, and K. D. Johnson, “M2M: from mobile to embedded internet,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 36–43, 2011.
- F. Wang and J. Liu, “Networked wireless sensor data collection: issues, challenges, and approaches,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 673–687, 2011.
- P. Santi, Topology Control in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, UK, 2005.
- M. A. Labrador and P. M. Wightman, Topology Control in Wireless Sensor Networks with a Companion Simulation Tool for Teaching and Research, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- N. Tekbiyik and E. Uysal-Biyikoglu, “Energy efficient wireless unicast routing alternatives for machine-to-machine networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1587–1614, 2011.
- Z. M. Fadlullah, M. M. Fouda, N. Kato, A. Takeuchi, N. Iwasaki, and Y. Nozaki, “Toward intelligent machine-to-machine communications in smart grid,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 60–65, 2011.
- D. Niyato, L. Xiao, and P. Wang, “Machine-to-machine communications for home energy management system in smart grid,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 53–59, 2011.
- Y. Ding, C. Wang, and L. Xiao, “An adaptive partitioning scheme for sleep scheduling and topology control in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1352–1365, 2009.
- H. Sethu and T. Gerety, “A new distributed topology control algorithm for wireless environments with non-uniform path loss and multipath propagation,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 280–294, 2010.
- S. Rizvi, H. K. Qureshi, S. A. Khayam, V. Rakocevic b, and M. Rajarajan, “A1: an energy efficient topology control algorithm for connected area coverage in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 597–605, 2012.
- T. M. Chiwewe and G. P. Hancke, “A distributed topology control technique for low interference and energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 11–19, 2012.
- H. Üster and H. Lin, “Integrated topology control and routing in wireless sensor networks for prolonged network lifetime,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 835–851, 2011.
- J. Ma, M. Gao, Q. Zhang, and L. M. Ni, “Energy-efficient localized topology control algorithms in IEEE 802.15.4-based sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 711–720, 2007.
- Zigbee Alliance, “Zigbee Specification: Zigbee Document 053474r13 Version 1. 1,” December 2006, http://www.zigbee.org/.
- IEEE Standard 802. 15.4, Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications For Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs), 2006.
- Z. Cheng, M. Perillo, and W. B. Heinzelman, “General network lifetime and cost models for evaluating sensor network deployment strategies,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 484–497, 2008.
- Xbow, “MPR/MIB Mote Hardware User's Manual,” December 2003, http://www.xbow.com/.
- P. K. Sahoo, J. P. Sheu, and K. Y. Hsieh, “Power control based topology construction for the distributed wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 14-15, pp. 2774–2785, 2007.
- H. Wang, N. Agoulmine, M. Ma, and Y. Jin, “Network lifetime optimization in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1127–1137, 2010.
- H. K. Qureshi, S. Rizvi, M. Saleem, S. A. Khayam, V. Rakocevic, and M. Rajarajan, “Poly: a reliable and energy efficient topology control protocol for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1235–1242, 2011.