- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 397961, 10 pages
A Multiple-Dimensional Tree Routing Protocol for Multisink Wireless Sensor Networks Based on Ant Colony Optimization
School of Electronics and Information, Nantong University, Jiangsu, Nantong 226019, China
Received 13 January 2012; Revised 1 April 2012; Accepted 15 April 2012
Academic Editor: Shukui Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Hui Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Ayaz, I. Baig, A. Abdullah, and I. Faye, “A survey on routing techniques in underwater wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1908–1927, 2011.
- Y. Yang, M. I. Fonoage, and M. Cardei, “Improving network lifetime with mobile wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 409–419, 2010.
- H. Dubois-Ferrière, E. Deborah, and S. Thanos, “Efficient and practical query scoping in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems, pp. 564–566, Lauderdale, Fla, USA, October 2004.
- P. Ciciriello, M. LucaPicco, and G. Pietro, “Efficient routing from multiple sources to multiple sinks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '07), pp. 34–50, Delft, The Netherlands, January 2007.
- M. Min, “PBR: priority based routing in multi-sink sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks, pp. 25–28, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, 2007.
- R. Kawano and T. Miyazaki, “Distributed data aggregation in multi-sink sensor networks using a graph coloring algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops/Symposia (AINA '08), pp. 934–940, March 2008.
- H. Kim, Y. Seok, N. Choi, Y. Choi, and T. Kwon, “Optimal multi-sink positioning and energy-efficient routing in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN '05), pp. 264–274, Jeju Island, Korea, February 2005.
- M. Kalantari and S. Mark, “Design optimization of multi-sink sensor networks by analogy to electrostatic theory,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '06), pp. 431–438, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, April 2006.
- A. Lukosius, Opportunistic Routing in Multi-Sink Mobile Ad Hoc Wireless Sensor Networks, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany, 2007.
- L. Cao, C. Xu, W. Shao et al., “Distributed power allocation for sink-centric clusters in multiple sink wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 2003–2026, 2010.
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, “Ant system: optimization by a colony of cooperating agents,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29–41, 1996.
- M. Dorigo and T. Stützle, Ant Colony Optimization, MIT Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- N. Jiang, R. G. Zhou, and S. Q. Yang, “An improved ant colony broadcasting algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 45–45, 2009.
- M. Saleem, G. A. Di Caro, and M. Farooq, “Swarm intelligence based routing protocol for wireless sensor networks: survey and future directions,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 20, pp. 4597–4624, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, L. Kuhn, and M. Fromherz, “Improvements on ant routing for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Ant Colony Optimization and Swarm Intelligence (ANTS '04), pp. 154–165, Brussels, Belgium, September 2004.
- T. Camilo, C. Carreto, J. S. Silva, and F. Boavida, “An energy-efficient ant-based routing algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop—Ant Colony Optimization and Swarm Intelligence (ANTS '06), pp. 49–59, Brussels, Belgium, September 2006.
- W. Cai, X. Jin, Y. Zhang, K. Chen, and R. Wang, “ACO based QoS routing algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC '06), pp. 419–428, Wuhan, China, September 2006.
- Y. Sun, H. D. Ma, and L. Liu, “Ant-colony optimization based service aware routing algorithm for multimedia sensor networks,” Tien Tzu Hsueh Pao/Acta Electronica Sinica, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 705–711, 2007.
- Y. Kiri, M. Sugano, and M. Murata, “Self-organized data-gathering scheme for multi-sink sensor networks inspired by swarm intelligence,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO '07), pp. 161–170, Cambridge, Mass, USA, July 2007.
- M. Paone, L. Paladina, M. Scarpa, and A. Puliafito, “A multi-sink swarm-based routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications 2009 (ISCC '09), pp. 28–33, Sousse, Tunisia, July 2009.
- S. L. Zhu, C. Xu, Q. Sun, and X. Huang, “A novel transmission power selection mechanism for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Control (ICECC '11), pp. 661–665, Ningbo, China, September 2011.