- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 406710, 12 pages
A Robust Baseband Demodulator for ISO 18000-6C RFID Reader Systems
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
Received 25 April 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editor: Minglu Li
Copyright © 2012 Cheng Jin and Sung Ho Cho. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. K. B. Lee, C. Powell, and H. M. Kwon, “A novel wireless communication device with synchronized zero-crossing demodulator,” in Proceedings of the Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '95), U.S. Patent Filed, Singapore, November 1995.
- H. M. Kwon, E. K. B. Lee, W. Hou, and Y. Bai, “New baseband zero-crossing demodulator for wireless communications, part—II: performance under fading channel,” in Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '95), pp. 548–552, November 1995.
- T. Scholand and P. Jung, “Novel receiver structure for bluetooth based on modified zero-crossing demodulation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '03), pp. 729–733, December 2003.
- N. Dehaese, S. Bourdel, H. Barthélemy, Y. Bachelet, and G. Bas, “FSK zero-crossing demodulator for 802.15.4 low-cost receivers,” in Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS '05), pp. 1–4, Gammarth, Tunisia, December 2005.
- T. Scholand, A. Waadt, and P. Jung, “Novel bluetooth receiver structure deploying improved zero-crossing detection,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 661–669, 2007.
- L. Zhang, S. Wang, T. Deng, and Z. Qin, “A novel demodulation method based on zero-crossing detection for UWB signal reception,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM '09), pp. 1–4, Wuhan, China, September 2009.
- P. Lajevardi, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Lee, “Zero-crossing detector based reconfigurable analog system,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 2478–2487, 2011.
- S. J. Hwang, J. G. Lee, S. W. Kim et al., “A multi-protocol baseband modem processor for a mobile RFID reader,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 785–794, Seoul, Korea, August 2006.
- D. H. Lee, K. Y. Jeon, and S. H. Cho, “Implementation of tag response data decoding algorithm for UHF RFID,” in Proceedings of the Korea Signal Processing Conference (KSPC '06), vol. 18, pp. 1–4, Cheonju, Korea, 2006.
- S. Chiu, I. Kipnis, M. Loyer et al., “A 900 MHz UHF RFID reader transceiver IC,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2822–2833, 2007.
- I. Mayordomo, R. Berenguer, A. Garcia-Alonso, I. Fernandez, and I. Gutierrez, “Design and implementation of a long-range rfid reader for passive transponders,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1283–1290, 2009.
- F. Ge and K. Choi, “Novel design and implementation for highly sensitive baseband protocol of Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology (EIT '10), Chicago, Ill, USA, May 2010.
- P. Wei, B. Li, Y. Yang, H. Min, and J. Wang, “Synchronization with timing recovery loop in UHF RFID reader receivers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS '10), pp. 1148–1151, Athens, Greece, December 2010.
- Y. Liu, C. Huang, H. Min, G. Li, and Y. Han, “Digital correlation demodulator design for RFID reader receiver,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 1666–1670, Kowloon , China, March 2007.
- C. Angerer and M. Rupp, “Advanced synchronisation and decoding in RFID reader receivers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS '09), pp. 59–62, San Diego, Calif, USA, January 2009.
- EPCglobal, “EPC radio-frequency identity protocols class-1 generation-2 UHF RFID protocol for communications at 860–960 MHz version 1.2.0,” 2008.
- ETSI EN 302 208-1 V1. 1. 1, “European Telecommunications Standards Institute,” 2004.
- P. B. Khannur, X. Chen, D. L. Yan et al., “A universal UHF RFID reader IC in 0.18-μm CMOS technology,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1146–1154, 2008.
- A. Ashry, K. Sharaf, and M. Ibrahim, “A compact low-power UHF RFID tag,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1504–1513, 2009.
- J.-H. Bae, J.-C. Kim, B.-W. Jeon et al., “Analysis of phase noise requirements on local oscillator for RFID system considering range correlation,” in Proceedings of the 4th European Radar Conference (EURAD '07), pp. 385–388, Munich, Germany, October 2007.
- H. Meyr, M. Moeneclaey, and S. A. Fechtel, Digital Communication Receivers: Synchronization, Channel Estimation, and Signal Processing, vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
- W. Wang, S. Lou, K. Chui et al., “A single-chip UHF RFID reader in 0.18 μm CMOS process,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1741–1754, 2008.
- I. Kwon, H. Bang, K. Choi et al., “A single-chip CMOS transceiver for UHF mobile RFID reader,” in Proceedings of the 54th IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC '07), pp. 216–598, San Francisco, Calif, USA, February 2007.
- J. Mitsugi and H. Hada, “Experimental study on UHF passive RFID readability degradation,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops (SAINT '06), pp. 52–55, January 2006.
- P. V. Nikitin and K. V. S. Rao, “Performance limitations of passive UHF RFID systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APS '06), pp. 1011–1014, Singapore, July 2006.
- A. Lázaro, D. Girbau, and D. Salinas, “Radio link budgets for UHF RFID on multipath environments,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1241–1251, 2009.