- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 414692, 12 pages
Performance Evaluation of PPP-BOTDA-Based Distributed Optical Fiber Sensors
1School of Civil Engineering, Shijiazhuang Tiedao University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei 050043, China
2Department of Urban and Civil Engineering, Ibaraki University, Nakanarusawa-cho 4-12-1, Hitachi, Ibaraki 316-8511, Japan
3International Institute for Urban System Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210096, China
Received 30 August 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Jeong-Tae Kim
Copyright © 2012 Hao Zhang and Zhishen Wu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Horiguchi, T. Kurashima, and M. Tateda, “Tensile strain dependence of Brillouin frequency shift in silica optical fibers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 107–108, 1989.
- T. Kurashima, T. Horiguchi, H. Izumita, S. I. Furukawa, and Y. Koyamada, “Brillouin optical-fiber time domain reflectometry,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E76-B, no. 4, pp. 382–390, 2002.
- X. Bao, M. DeMerchant, A. Brown, and T. Brenner, “Strain measurement of the steel beam with the distributed Brillouin scattering sensor,” in Health Monitoring and Management of Civil Infrastructure Systems, vol. 4337 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 223–233, Newport Beach, Calif, USA, March 2001.
- X. Bao, D. J. Webb, and D. A. Jackson, “Distributed temperature sensor based on Brillouin loss in an optical fibre for transient threshold monitoring,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 74, no. 1-2, pp. 1–3, 1996.
- X. Gu, Z. Chen, and F. Ansari, “Embedded fiber optic crack sensor for reinforced concrete structures,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 468–476, 2000.
- Z. Hao and W. Zhishen, “Performance evaluation of BOTDR-based distributed fiber optic sensors for crack monitoring,” Structural Health Monitoring, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 143–156, 2008.
- W. Zhishen, I. Kentaro, X. Songtao, and Z. Hao, “Experimental Study on Crack Monitoring of PC structures with pulse-prepump BOTDA-based distributed fiber optic sensors,” Journal of Concrete Research and Technology, Japan Concrete Institute, vol. 18, no. 2, 2007.
- K. Kishida and C.-H. Li, “Pulse pre-pump-BOTDA technology for new generation of distributed strain measuring system,” in Structural Health Monitoring and Intelligent Infrastructure, Ou, Li, and Daun, Eds., pp. 471–477, Taylor & Francis, 2006.
- K. Kishida, L. Che-Hien, and K. Nishiguchi, “Pulse pre-pump method for cm-order spatial resolution of BOTDA,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Optical Fibre Sensors (OFS '05), SPIE, pp. 559–562, May 2005.
- L. Suzhen and W. Zhishen, “Structural identification using static macro-strian measurements from long-gauge fiber optic sensors,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 8, pp. 943–948, 2005.
- K. Peters, P. Pattis, J. Botsis, and P. Giaccari, “Experimental verification of response of embedded optical fiber Bragg grating sensors in non-homogeneous strain fields,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 107–119, 2000.
- W. Zhishen and Z. Hao, “A standard test method for evaluating crack monitoring performance of distributed fiber optic sensors,” in Proceeding of the 3rd International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Vancouver, Canada, 2007.
- H. Zhang and Z. Wu, “Performance evaluation of BOTDA based distributed optic fiber sensors for crack monitoring,” Proceedings of the Japan Concrete Institute, Technical Paper, 2007.
- I. -B. Kwon, “Distributed measurements of structures by fiber optic sensors,” Structural Engineering, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 659–666, 2003.