- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 452686, 11 pages
An Effective Find and Replicate Strategy for Data Communication in Intermittently Connected Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
1Department of Information Technology, Kongu Engineering College, Erode 638-052, India
2Department of Computer Science, Bannari Institute of Technology, Erode 638-401, India
Received 12 July 2012; Revised 10 October 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editor: Deyun Gao
Copyright © 2012 C. Poongodi and A. M. Natarajan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Vahdat and D. Becker, “Epidemic routing for partially-connected ad hoc networks,” Duke University Technical Report CS-200006, 2000.
- S. Burleigh, A. Hooke, L. Torgerson et al., “Delay-tolerant networking: an approach to interplanetary internet,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 128–136, 2003.
- V. Cerf, et al., Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture, IETF RFC, 4838, Informational, 2007.
- K. Fall, “A delay-tolerant network architecture for challenged internets,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Computer Communications (ACM SIGCOMM '03), pp. 27–34, August 2003.
- Wang and Y. Wu H, “DFT-MSN: the delay/fault-tolerant mobile sensor network for pervasive information gathering,” in Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, 2006.
- M. Grossglauser and D. N. C. Tse, “Mobility increases the capacity of ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 477–486, 2002.
- S. Jain, K. Fall, and R. Patra, “Routing in a delay tolerant network,” in Proceedings of the Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications (ACM SIGCOMM '4), vol. 34, pp. 145–158, ACM Press, 2004.
- J. LeBrun, C. N. Chuah, D. Ghosal, and M. Zhang, “Knowledge-based opportunistic forwarding in vehicular wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '05), pp. 2289–2293, June 2005.
- M. Mauve, J. Widmer, and H. Hartenstein, “A survey on position-based routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Network, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 30–39, 2001.
- A. Mathurapoj, C. Pornavalai, and G. Chakraborty, “Fuzzy-spray: efficient routing in delay tolerant ad-hoc network based on fuzzy decision mechanism,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 18th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 104–109, August 2009.
- C. Poongodi and A. M. Natarajan, “Optimized replication strategy for intermittently connected mobile etworks,” in Proceedings of the International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking, vol. 8, no. 1, 2012.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. S. Raghavendra, “Spray and wait: an efficient routing scheme for intermittently connected mobile networks,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Computer Communications (ACM SIGCOMM '05), pp. 252–259, August 2005.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. S. Raghavendra, “Performance analysis of mobility-assisted routing,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MOBIHOC '06), pp. 49–60, May 2006.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. S. Raghavendra, “Spray and focus: efficient mobility-assisted routing for heterogeneous and correlated mobility,” in Proceedings of the 5th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom Workshops '07), pp. 79–85, March 2007.
- E. Bulut, Z. Wang, and B. K. Szymanski, “Cost-Effective multiperiod spraying for routing in delay-tolerant networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1530–1543, 2010.
- Q. Li and D. Rus, “Sending messages to mobile users in disconnected ad-hoc wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 44–55, August 2000.
- J. Burgess, B. Gallagher, D. Jensen, and B. N. Levine, “MaxProp: routing for vehicle-based disruption-tolerant networks,” in proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '06), April 2006.
- H. Dang and H. Wu, “Clustering and cluster-based routing protocol for delay-tolerant mobile networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1874–1881, 2010.
- M. Takahashi, B. Tang, and N. Jaggi, “Energy-efficient data preservation in intermittently connected sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS '11), pp. 590–595, April 2011.
- J. K. Maurice, F. F. Wissam, and M. A. Chadi, “Probabilistic bundle relaying schemes in two-hop vehicular delay tolerant networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 281–283, 2011.
- S. C. Nelson, M. Bakht, and R. Kravets, “Encounter-based routing in DTNs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 28th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 846–854, April 2009.
- A. Balasubramanian, B. Levine, and A. Venkataramani, “DTN routing as a resource allocation problem,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Computer Communications (ACM SIGCOMM '07), pp. 373–384, August 2007.
- C. Poongodi, A. M. Natarajan, and R. C. Suganthee, “Cluster head bundle delivery protocol for delay tolerant networks,” in Proceedings of the CiiT International Journal of Wireless Communication, November 2010.
- R. C. Shah, S. Roy, S. Jain, and W. Brunette, “Data mules: modeling a three-tier architecture for sparse sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Sensor Network Protocols and Applications, pp. 30–41, 2003.
- W. Zhao, M. Ammar, and E. Zegura, “A message ferrying approach for data delivery in sparse mobile Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MoBiHoc '04), pp. 187–198, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, May 2004.
- W. Zhao, M. Ammar, and E. Zegura, “Controlling the mobility of multiple data transport ferries in a delay-tolerant network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '05), pp. 1407–1418, March 2005.
- Y. Xian, C. T. Huang, and J. Cobb, “Look-ahead routing and message scheduling in delay-tolerant networks,” in Proceedings of the 35th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN '10), pp. 40–47, October 2010.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. S. Raghavendra, “Multiple-copy routing in intermittently connected mobile networks,” Technical Report CENG-2004-12, 2004.