- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 454530, 7 pages
Research on Optimal Sensor Placement Based on Reverberation Matrix for Structural Health Monitoring
1School of Mechanics, Civil Engineering and Architecture, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an 710072, China
2Cockrell School of Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Received 28 June 2012; Revised 28 September 2012; Accepted 29 September 2012
Academic Editor: Hong-Nan Li
Copyright © 2012 Hai-feng Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Deraemaeker, E. Reynders, G. De Roeck, and J. Kullaa, “Vibration-based structural health monitoring using output-only measurements under changing environment,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 34–56, 2008.
- T. H. Yi and H. N. Li, “Methodology developments in sensor placement for health monitoring of civil infrastructures,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 612726, 11 pages, 2012.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and M. Gu, “Optimal sensor placement for structural health monitoring based on multiple optimization strategies,” Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 881–900, 2011.
- D. C. Kammer, “Sensor placement for on-orbit modal identification and correlation of large space structures,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 251–259, 1991.
- K. Worden and A. P. Burrows, “Optimal sensor placement for fault detection,” Engineering Structures, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 885–901, 2001.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and M. Gu, “A new method for optimal selection of sensor location on a high-rise building using simplified finite element model,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 671–684, 2011.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and X. D. Zhang, “A modified monkey algorithm for optimal sensor placement in structural health monitoring,” Smart Materials and Structure, vol. 21, no. 10, Article ID 05033, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- T. H. Yi, H. N. Li, and M. Gu, “Optimal sensor placement for health monitoring of high-rise structure based on genetic algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 395101, 11 pages, 2011.
- W. Liu, W. C. Gao, Y. Sun, and M. J. Xu, “Optimal sensor placement for spatial lattice structure based on genetic algorithms,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 317, no. 1-2, pp. 175–189, 2008.
- A. Cruz, W. Vélez, and P. Thomson, “Optimal sensor placement for modal identification of structures using genetic algorithms-a case study: the olympic stadium in Cali, Colombia,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 769–781, 2010.
- Y. J. Yan, L. Cheng, Z. Y. Wu, and L. H. Yam, “Development in vibration-based structural damage detection technique,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 2198–2211, 2007.
- B. Peeters and G. D. Roeck, “One-year monitoring of the Z24-bridge: environmental effects versus damage events,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 149–171, 2001.
- Y. H. Pao, W. Q. Chen, and X. Y. Su, “The reverberation-ray matrix and transfer matrix analyses of unidirectional wave motion,” Wave Motion, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 419–438, 2007.
- Y. H. Pao, D. C. Keh, and S. M. Howard, “Dynamic response and wave propagation in plane trusses and frames,” AIAA Journal, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 594–603, 1999.
- R. Chen, C. F. Wan, and S. T. Xue, “Modification of motion equation of Timoshenko beam and its effect,” Journal of Tongji University, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 711–715, 2005 (Chinese).
- C. B. Larson, D. C. Zimmerman, and E. L. Marek, “A comparison of modal test planning techniques: excitation and sensor placement using the NASA 8-bay truss,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Modal Analysis Conference, vol. 2251 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 41–46, 1994.
- Z. Wu, F. Dai, J. Song, and D. Wu, “More efficient optimal sensor placement method for structure damage detection,” Journal of Northwestern Polytechnical University, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 503–507, 2007 (Chinese).