- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 460754, 11 pages
Energy-Efficient Fire Monitoring over Cluster-Based Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Konkuk University, Seoul 143-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Computer Engineering, Jeju National University, Jeju-si, Jeju 690-756, Republic of Korea
Received 12 November 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Young-guk Ha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences, vol. 8, pp. 1–10, January 2000.
- F. Xiangning and Y. Song, “Improvement on LEACH protocol of wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '07), pp. 260–264, October 2007.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–105, 2002.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agrawal, “TEEN: a routing protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '01), vol. 3, pp. 2009–2015, 2011.
- M. J. Handy, M. Haase, and D. Timmermann, “Low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy with deterministic cluster-head selection,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communications Networks, pp. 368–372, 2002.
- L. Zou, M. Lu, and Z. Xiong, “A distributed algorithm for the dead end problem of location based routing in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1509–1522, 2005.
- D. E. Heim, R. E. Fontana, C. Tsang, V. S. Speriosu, B. A. Gurney, and M. L. Williams, “Design and operation of spin valve sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 316–321, 1994.
- J. Qiangfeng and D. Manivannan, “Routing protocols for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC '04), pp. 93–98, January 2004.
- J. N. Al-Karaki and A. E. Kamal, “Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6–28, 2004.
- A. A. Ahmed and H. Shi, “A survey on network protocols for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the of Information Technology: Research and Education (ITRE '03), pp. 301–305, 2003.
- S. D. Muruganathan, D. C. F. Ma, R. I. Bhasin, and A. O. Fapojuwo, “A centralized energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. S8–S13, 2005.
- C. Patra, A. Guha Roy, S. Chattopadhyay, and P. Bhaumik, “Designing energy-efficient topologies for wireless sensor network: neural approach,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2010, Article ID 216716, 7 pages, 2010.
- Y. Gu, Q. Wu, and N. S. V. Rao, “Optimizing cluster heads for energy efficiency in large-scale heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2010, Article ID 961591, 9 pages, 2010.
- “Network Simulator-2,” http://isi.edu/nsnam/ns/.
- “Mannasim for Wireless Sensor Network Simulation,” http://www.mannasim.dcc.ufmg.br/.