- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 467124, 12 pages
Networked Electronic Equipments Using the IEEE 1451 Standard—VisioWay: A Case Study in the ITS Area
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería, Universidad de Sevilla, Avenida Camino de los Descubrimientos s/n, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Received 16 September 2011; Accepted 6 February 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 F. Barrero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Y. Chong and S. P. Kumar, “Sensor networks: evolution, opportunities, and challenges,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 1247–1256, 2003.
- R. Aguilar-Ponce, A. Kumar, J. L. Tecpanecatl-Xihuitl, and M. Bayoumi, “A network of sensor-based framework for automated visual surveillance,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1244–1271, 2007.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–114, 2002.
- M. Can Filibeli, O. Ozkasap, and M. Reha Civanlar, “Embedded web server-based home appliance networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 499–514, 2007.
- P. Kulkarni and Y. Ozturk, “MPHASiS: mobile patient healthcare and sensor information system,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 402–417, 2011.
- S. L. Toral, M. R. M. Torres, F. J. Barrero, and M. R. Arahal, “Current paradigms in intelligent transportation systems,” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 201–211, 2010.
- F. Barrero, S. Toral, M. Vargas, F. Cortés, and J. M. Milla, “Internet in the development of future road-traffic control systems,” Internet Research, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 154–168, 2010.
- P. Alexander, D. Haley, and A. Grant, “Cooperative intelligent transport systems: 5.9-GHz field trials,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 99, no. 7, pp. 1213–1235, 2011.
- L. Chen, C. Jiang, and J. Li, “VGITS: ITS based on intervehicle communication networks and grid technology,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 285–302, 2008.
- M. Esteve, C. E. Palau, J. Martínez-Nohales, and B. Molina, “A video streaming application for urban traffic management,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 479–498, 2007.
- M. Vargas, J. M. Milla, S. L. Toral, and F. Barrero, “An enhanced background estimation algorithm for vehicle detection in urban traffic scenes,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 3694–3709, 2010.
- R. Verdone, D. Dardari, G. Mazzini, and A. Conti, Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks: Technologies, Analysis and Design, Academic Press, 2007.
- E. Y. Song and K. Lee, “Understanding IEEE 1451—networked smart transducer interface standard—what is a smart transducer?” IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 11–17, 2008.
- V. Viegas, J. M. Dias Pereira, and P. M. B. Silva Girao, “A brief tutorial on the IEEE 1451.1 standard—part 13 in a series of tutorials in instrumentation and measurement,” IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 38–46, 2008.
- E. Y. Song and K. B. Lee, “Smart transducer web services based on the IEEE 1451.0 standard,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology (IMTC '07), May 2007.
- E. Y. Song and K. B. Lee, “STWS: a unified web service for IEEE 1451 smart transducers,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1749–1756, 2008.
- Y. Wang, M. Nishikawa, R. Maeda, M. Fukunaga, and K. Watanabe, “A smart thermal environment monitor based on IEEE 1451.2 standard for global networking,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1321–1326, 2005.
- E. Y. Song and K. B. Lee, “Sensor network based on IEEE 1451.0 and IEEE p1451.2-RS232,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC '08), pp. 1728–1733, May 2008.
- N. Ulivieri, C. Distante, T. Luca, S. Rocchi, and P. Siciliano, “IEEE1451.4: a way to standardize gas sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 141–151, 2006.
- S. Manda and D. Gurkan, “IEEE 1451.0 compatible TEDS creation using.NET Framework,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium (SAS '09), pp. 281–286, February 2009.
- L. Bissi, P. Placidi, A. Scorzoni, I. Elmi, and S. Zampolli, “Environmental monitoring system compliant with the IEEE 1451 standard and featuring a simplified transducer interface,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 175–184, 2007.
- D. Wobschall and S. Mupparaju, “Low-power wireless sensor with SNAP and IEEE 1451 protocol,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium (SAS '08), pp. 225–227, February 2008.
- A. Flammini, P. Ferrari, E. Sisinni, D. Marioli, and A. Taroni, “Sensor integration in industrial environment: from fieldbus to web sensors,” Computer Standards and Interfaces, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 183–194, 2003.
- E. F. Sadok and R. Liscano, “A web-services framework for 1451 sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (IMTC '05), pp. 554–559, May 2005.
- G. Bucci, F. Ciancetta, E. Fiorucci, D. Gallo, and C. Landi, “A low cost embedded web services for measurements on power system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference onVirtual Environments, Human-Computer Interfaces, and Measurement Systems (VECIMS '05), pp. 7–12, June 2005.
- K. B. Lee and E. Y. Song, “Sensor Alert Web Service for IEEE 1451-based sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC '09), pp. 1055–1058, May 2009.
- S. L. Toral, M. Vargas, and F. Barrero, “Embedded multimedia processors for road-traffic parameter estimation,” Computer, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 61–68, 2009.
- S. Toral, M. Vargas, F. Barrero, and M. G. Ortega, “Improved sigma-delta background estimation for vehicle detection,” Electronics Letters, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 32–34, 2009.
- J. M. Milla, S. L. Toral, M. Vargas, and F. Barrero, “Computer vision techniques for background modelling in urban traffic monitoring,” in Urban Transport and Hybrid Vehicles, S. Sciyo, Ed., 2010.
- W. Q. Sun, J. S. Li, and P. L. Hong, “A stateful multicast access control mechanism for future metro-area-networks,” Internet Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 134–138, 2003.