- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 469067, 13 pages
Improving Driving Safety Based on Safe Distance Design in Vehicular Sensor Networks
1State Key Laboratory of Integrated Services Networks, Xidian University, Xi'an 710071, China
2The School of Information Engineering, Chang'an University, Xi'an 710064, China
Received 13 June 2012; Revised 13 September 2012; Accepted 14 October 2012
Academic Editor: Oliver W. W. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Chen Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Brackstone and M. McDonald, “Car-following: a historical review,” Transportation Research Part F, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 181–196, 1999.
- P. G. Gipps, “A behavioural car-following model for computer simulation,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 105–111, 1981.
- M. Werling, N. Kaempchen, D. Wollherr, and M. Buss, “Lane-based safety assessment of road scenes using Inevitable Collision States,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV '12), pp. 31–36, Alcala de Henares, Spain, 2012.
- E. Adell, A. Várhelyi, and M. D. Fontana, “The effects of a driver assistance system for safe speed and safe distance—a real-life field study,” Transportation Research Part C, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 145–155, 2011.
- S. Kannan, A. Thangavelu, and R. B. Kalivaradhan, “An intelligent Driver Assistance System (I-DAS) for vehicle safety modelling using ontology approach,” International Journal of UbiComp, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 15–29, 2010.
- F. Biral, M. da Lio, A. Saroldi, F. Tango, and E. Bertolazzi, “Supporting drivers in keeping safe speed and safe distance: the SASPENCE subproject within the European framework programme 6 integrating project PReVENT,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 525–538, 2010.
- Y. Wu, J. Xie, L. Du, and Z. Hou, “Analysis on traffic safety distance of considering the deceleration of the current vehicle,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing Technology and Automation (ICICTA '09), pp. 491–494, Changsha, China, October 2009.
- Q. Luo, L. Xun, Z. Cao, and Y. Huang, “Simulation analysis and study on car-following safety distance model based on braking process of leading vehicle,” in Proceedings of the of 9th World Congress onIntelligent Control and Automation (WCICA '11), pp. 740–743, Taipei, China, 2011.
- T. J. Ayres, L. Li, D. Schleuning, and D. Young, “Preferred time-headway of highway drivers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Proceedings, pp. 826–829, Oakland, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- A. Touran, M. A. Brackstone, and M. McDonald, “A collision model for safety evaluation of autonomous intelligent cruise control,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 567–578, 1999.
- T. Hiraoka, M. Tanaka, H. Kumamoto, T. Izumi, and K. Hatanaka, “Collision risk evaluation index based on deceleration for collision avoidance (first report),” Review of Automotive Engineering, vol. 30, pp. 429–437, 2009.
- G. Yan, W. Yang, M. C. Weigle, S. Olariu, and D. Rawat, “Cooperative collision warning through mobility and probability prediction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV '10), pp. 1172–1177, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 2010.
- C. M. Huang and S. Y. Lin, “A cooperative collision early-warning system for vehicles in the curve environment,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC '10), pp. 14–19, Riccione, Italy, June 2010.
- C. Garcia-Costa, E. Egea-Lopez, J. B. Tomas-Gabarron, J. Garcia- Haro, and Z. J. Haas, “A stochastic model for chain collisions of vehicles equipped with vehicular communications,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 503–518, 2012.
- G. Johansson and K. Rumar, “Drivers' brake reaction times,” Human Factors, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 23–27, 1971.
- T. Hiraoka, M. Tanaka, S. Takeuchi, H. Kumamoto, T. Izumi, and K. Hatanaka, “Collision risk evaluation index based on deceleration for collision avoidance (second report)—forward obstacle collision warning system based on deceleration for collision avoidance,” Review of Automotive Engineering, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 439–447, 2009.
- S. Venkatraman and J. Caffery Jr., “Hybrid TOA/AOA techniques for mobile location in non-line-of-sight environments,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '04), vol. 1, pp. 274–278, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2004.
- P. Seiler, B. Song, and J. K. Hedrick, “Development of a collision avoidance system,” in Proceedings of the SAE International Congress & Exposition, pp. 97–103, February 1998.
- S. Yousefi, E. Altman, R. El-Azouzi, and M. Fathy, “Analytical model for connectivity in vehicular Ad Hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 3341–3356, 2008.
- S. E. Shladover, C. A. Desoer, J. K. Hedrick et al., “Automatic vehicle control developments in the PATH program,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 114–130, 1991.
- H. Jula, E. B. Kosmatopoulos, and P. A. Ioannou, “Collision avoidance analysis for lane changing and merging,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2295–2308, 2000.
- Y. Tang, Z. Jiang, Y. Bai, and Y. Fang, “Model of vehicle safety distance for collision avoidance and simulation study,” Journal of Liaoning University of Technology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 47–49, 2008.