- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 490826, 15 pages
Hybrid Macroprogramming Wireless Networks of Embedded Systems with Declarative Naming
Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 16 February 2012; Accepted 11 May 2012
Academic Editor: Sherali Zeadally
Copyright © 2012 Chalermek Intanagonwiwat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Madden, M. J. Franklin, J. M. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, “TinyDB: an acquisitional query processing system for sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Database Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 122–173, 2005.
- P. Bonnet, J. Gehrke, T. Mayr, and P. Seshadri, “Query processing in a device database system,” Tech. Rep. TR99-1775, Cornell University, 1999.
- Y. Yao and J. Gehrke, “The cougar approach to in-network query processing in sensor networks,” SIGMOD Record, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 9–18, 2002.
- S. Choochaisri, N. Pornprasitsakul, and C. Intanagonwiwat, “Logic macroprogramming for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 171738, 12 pages, 2012.
- S. Choochaisri and C. Intanagonwiwat, “A system for using wireless sensor networks as globally deductive databases,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communication (WiMob '08), pp. 649–654, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, October 2008.
- R. Gummadi, O. Gnawali, and R. Govindan, “Macro-programming wireless sensor networks using Kairos,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS '05), pp. 126–140, July 2005.
- The Castle project, http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/projects/parallel/castle/split-c/.
- C. Borcea, C. Intanagonwiwat, P. Kang, U. Kremer, and L. Iftode, “Spatial programming using smart messages: design and implementation,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS '04), pp. 690–699, Tokyo, Japan, March 2004.
- L. Iftode, C. Borcea, A. Kochut, C. Intanagonwiwat, and U. Kremer, “Programming computers embedded in the physical world,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems (FTDCS '03), San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 2003.
- R. Newton, G. Morrisett, and M. Welsh, “The regiment macroprogramming system,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '07), pp. 489–498, ACM, New York, NY, USA, April 2007.
- T. W. Hnat, T. I. Sookoor, P. Hooimeijer, W. Weimer, and K. Whitehouse, “Macrolab: a vector-based macroprogramming framework for cyber-physical systems,” in Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (SenSys '08), pp. 225–238, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- Y. H. Tu, Y. C. Li, T. C. Chien, and P. H. Chou, “EcoCast: interactive, object-oriented macroprogramming for networks of ultra-compact wireless sensor nodes,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '11), pp. 366–377, Chicago, Ill, USA, April 2011.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, R. K. Gupta, and A. Vahdat, “Declarative resource naming for macroprogramming wireless networks of embedded systems,” in ALGOSENSORS, S. E. Nikoletseas and J. D. P. Rolim, Eds., vol. 4240 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 192–199, Springer, 2006.
- C. Borcea, D. Iyer, P. Kang, A. Saxena, and L. Iftode, “Cooperative computing for distributed embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Systems (ICDCS '02), pp. 227–236, July 2002.
- A. Boulis, C. Han, and M. Srivastava, “Design and implementation of a framework for efficient and programmable sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (Mobisys '03), pp. 187–200, San Francisco, Calif, USA, May 2003.
- P. Levis and D. Culler, “Maté: a tiny virtual machine for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (APLOS '02), pp. 85–95, October 2002.
- K. Whitehouse, F. Zhao, and J. Liu, “Semantic Streams: a framework for composable semantic interpretation of sensor data,” Wireless Sensor Networks, vol. 3868, pp. 5–20, 2006.
- S. Choochaisri and C. Intanagonwiwat, “An Analysis of Deductive-Query Processing Approaches for Logic Macroprograms in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Engineering Journal, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 47–62, 2012.
- Oracle Corporation, Pro*c/c++ Precompiler Programmer’s Guide Release 9.2, 2002.
- M. Grabmuller, Constraint imperative programming [Diploma thesis], Technische Universitat Berlin, 2003.
- S. Chen, P. B. Gibbons, and S. Nath, “Database-centric programming for wide-area sensor systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS '05), pp. 89–108, July 2005.
- J. Heidemann, F. Silva, C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, D. Estrin, and D. Ganesan, “Building efficient wireless sensor networks with low-level naming,” in Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Banff, Canada, October 2001.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, “Directed diffusion: a scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 56–67, Boston, Mass, USA, August 2000.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, D. Estrin, J. Heidemann, and F. Silva, “Directed diffusion for wireless sensor networking,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 2–16, 2003.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences, p. 223, Maui, Hawaii, January 2000.
- D. Coffin, D. Van Hook, R. Govindan, J. Heidemann, and F. Silva, “Network routing application programmer’s interface (api) and walk through 8.0,” Tech. Rep. 01-741, USC/ISI, 2001.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, D. Estrin, R. Govindan, and J. Heidemann, “Impact of network density on data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Systems, pp. 457–458, IEEE, Vienna, Austria, July 2002.
- S. Madden, M. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, “TAG: a Tiny AGgregation Service for Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '02), December 2002.
- C. Borcea, C. Intanagonwiwat, A. Saxena, and L. Iftode, “Self-routing in pervasive computing environments using smart messages,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom '03), pp. 87–96, March 2003.
- M. Welsh and G. Mainland, “Programming sensor networks using abstract regions,” in Proceedings of the 1st USENIX/ACM Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI '04), March 2004.