- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 504205, 11 pages
A Diagnosis-Based Clustering and Multipath Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
2State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Sun
Copyright © 2012 Wenjun Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–114, 2002.
- J. Lian, K. Naik, and G. B. Agnew, “Data capacity improvement of wireless sensor networks using non-uniform sensor distribution,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 121–145, 2006.
- H. M. Ammari and S. K. Das, “Promoting heterogeneity, mobility, and energy-aware Voronoi diagram in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 995–1008, 2008.
- H. Zhang and H. Shen, “Balancing energy consumption to maximize network lifetime in data-gathering sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1526–1539, 2009.
- W. B. Heinzelman, A. P. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “An application-specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2002.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, “HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 366–379, 2004.
- S. Soro and W. B. Heinzelman, “Prolonging the lifetime of wireless sensor networks via unequal clustering,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '05), April 2005.
- G. Chen, C. Li, M. Ye, and J. Wu, “An unequal cluster-based routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 193–207, 2009.
- J. Yu, Y. Qi, G. Wang, and X. Gu, “An energy-aware distributed unequal clustering protocol for wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2011, Article ID 202145, 8 pages, 2011.
- V. Mhatre and C. Rosenberg, “Design guidelines for wireless sensor networks: communication, clustering and aggregation,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 45–63, 2004.
- Z. Ye, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and S. K. Tripathi, “A framework for reliable routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (IEEE INFOCOM), pp. 270–280, April 2003.
- J. Tsai and T. Moors, “A review of multipath routing protocols: from wireless ad hoc to mesh networks,” in Proceedings of the ACoRN Early Career Researcher Workshop on Wireless Multihop Networking, pp. 17–22, July 2006.
- T. Elhourani and S. Ramasubramanian, “Independent directed acyclic graphs for resilient multipath routing,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 153–162, 2012.
- M. Malek, “A comparison connection assignment for diagnosis of multiprocessor systems,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, pp. 31–36, 1980.
- A. Sengupta and A. T. Dahbura, “On self-diagnosable multiprocessor systems: diagnosis by the comparison approach,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1386–1395, 1992.
- S. Chessa and P. Santi, “Comparison-based system-level fault diagnosis in ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS '01), pp. 257–266, New Orleans, La, USA, October 2001.
- M. Elhadef, A. Boukerche, and H. Elkadiki, “Self-diagnosing wireless mesh and ad-hoc networks using an adaptable comparison-based approach,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES '07), pp. 983–990, April 2007.
- M. Elhadef, A. Boukerche, and H. Elkadiki, “A distributed fault identification protocol for wireless and mobile ad hoc networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 321–335, 2008.
- J. Chen, S. Kher, and A. Somani, “Distributed fault detection of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Dependability Issues in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks and Sensor Networks (DIWANS '06), pp. 65–71, September 2006.
- W. Wang, B. Wang, Z. Liu, and L. Guo, “A cluster-based real-time fault diagnosis aggregation algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” Information Technology Journal, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 80–88, 2011.
- D. B. West, Introduction to Graph Theory, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS-33), p. 10, January 2000.