- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 515906, 10 pages
Adaptive Sensor Activation Algorithm for Target Tracking in Wireless Sensor Networks
College of Automation, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400030, China
Received 9 December 2011; Revised 28 February 2012; Accepted 22 March 2012
Academic Editor: Aditya Karnik
Copyright © 2012 Wei Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- S. P. M. Tran and T. A. Yang, “OCO: Optimized Communication Organization for target tracking in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Temporal Representation and Reasoning, pp. 428–435, Taichung, Taiwan, 2006.
- Z. Wang, Z. Wang, H. Li, X. Shen, and X. Sun, “Tracking and predicting moving targets in hierarchical sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC '08), pp. 1169–1173, Sanya, China, April 2008.
- H. W. Tsai, C. P. Chu, and T. S. Chen, “Mobile object tracking in wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1811–1825, 2007.
- Y. C. Tseng, S. P. Kuo, H. W. Lee, and C. F. Huang, “Location tracking in a wireless sensor network by mobile agents and its data fusion strategies,” Computer Journal, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 448–460, 2004.
- Z. Guo, M. Zhou, and L. Zakrevski, “Optimal tracking interval for predictive tracking in wireless sensor network,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 805–807, 2005.
- W. P. Chen, J. C. Hou, and L. Sha, “Dynamic clustering for acoustic target tracking in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 258–271, 2004.
- X. Sheng, Y.-H. Hu, and P. Ramanathan, “Distributed particle filter with GMM approximation for multiple targets localization and tracking in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, pp. 181–188, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 2005.
- M. Guo, E. Olule, G. Wang, and S. Guo, “Designing energy efficient target tracking protocol with quality monitoring in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Supercomputing, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 131–148, 2010.
- M. Zoghi and M. H. Kahaei, “Adaptive sensor selection in wireless sensor networks for target tracking,” IET Signal Processing, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 530–536, 2010.
- W. Guojun, W. Huan, C. Jiannong, and G. Minyi, “Energy-efficient dual prediction-based data gathering for environmental monitoring applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 3516–3521, Kowloon, China, March 2007.
- G. K. Atia, V. V. Veeravalli, and J. A. Fuemmeler, “Sensor scheduling for energy-efficient target tracking in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, pp. 4923–4927, 2011.
- W.-R. Chang, H.-T. Lin, and Z.-Z. Cheng, “CODA: a continuous object detection and tracking algorithm for wireless ad hoc sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 168–174, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, 2008.
- G.-Y. Jin, X.-Y. Lu, and M.-S. Park, “Dynamic clustering for object tracking in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing Systems (UCS '06), pp. 200–209, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2006.
- J. Y. Lin, L. H. Xie, and W. D. Xiao, “Target tracking in wireless sensor networks using compressed Kalman filter,” International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol. 6, pp. 251–262, 2009.
- Y. Huang, W. Liang, H. B. Yu, and Y. Xiao, “Target tracking based on a distributed particle filter in underwater sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1023–1033, 2008.
- X. Li, “Collaborative multi-sensor tracking in mobile wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol. 8, pp. 233–246, 2010.
- J. Chen, K. Cao, K. Li, and Y. Sun, “Distributed sensor activation algorithm for target tracking with binary sensor networks,” Cluster Computing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 55–64, 2011.
- L. Arienzo and M. Longo, “Energy-efficient collaborative tracking in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 124–138, 2011.
- A. M. Khedr and W. Osamy, “Effective target tracking mechanism in a self-organizing wireless sensor network,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 71, pp. 1318–1326, 2011.
- A. Srivastav, A. Ray, and S. Phoha, “Adaptive sensor activity scheduling in distributed sensor networks: a statistical mechanics approach,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 242–261, 2009.
- X. Sheng and Y. H. Hu, “Maximum likelihood multiple-source localization using acoustic energy measurements with wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 44–53, 2005.
- L. Yang, C. Feng, J. W. Rozenblit, and H. Qiao, “Adaptive tracking in distributed wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 13th Annual IEEE International Symposium and Workshop on Engineering of Computer Based Systems, pp. 103–111, Potsdam, Germany, 2006.
- S. P. M. Tran and T. A. Yang, “Evaluations of target tracking in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 37th Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE '07), pp. 97–101, Houston, Tex, USA, 2007.