- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 523787, 14 pages
Robust Maximum Lifetime Routing and Energy Allocation in Wireless Sensor Networks
1Division of Systems Engineering, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Center for Information and Systems Engineering, Boston University, 8 St. Mary's Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
2Center for Information and Systems Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editor: Pedro Ruiz
Copyright © 2012 Ioannis Ch. Paschalidis and Ruomin Wu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ray, W. Lai, and I. C. Paschalidis, “Statistical location detection with sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2670–2683, 2006.
- D. J. Baker and A. Ephremides, “The architectural organization of a mobile radio network via a distributed algorithm, communications,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1694–1701, 1981.
- A. Michail and A. Ephremides, “A distributed routing algorithm for supporting connection-oriented service in wireless networks with time-varying connectivity,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Symposium on Communications and Control, 1998.
- J. Gomez, A. T. Campbell, M. Naghshineh, and C. Bisdikian, “Power-aware routing in wireless packet networks, Mobile Multimedia Communications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE InternationalWorkshop (MoMuC '99), pp. 380–383, 1999.
- V. Rodoplu and T. H. Meng, “Minimum energy mobile wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1333–1344, 1999.
- L. Li and J. Y. Halpern, “Minimum-energy mobile wireless networks revisited,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '01), pp. 278–283, June 2001.
- R. Wattenhofer, L. Li, P. Bahl, and Y. M. Wang, “Distributed topology control for power efficient operation in multihop wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 1388–1397, April 2001.
- L. Li, J. Y. Halpern, P. Bahl, Y. M. Wang, and R. Wattenhofer, “Analysis of a cone-based distributed topology control algorithm for wireless multi-hop networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, pp. 264–273, August 2001.
- C. K. Toh, H. Cobb, and D. A. Scott, “Performance evaluation of battery-life-aware routing schemes for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '01), pp. 2824–2829, June 2001.
- J. Aslam, Q. Li, and D. Rus, “Three power-aware routing algorithms for sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 187–208, 2003.
- W. Lai and I. C. Paschalidis, “Optimally balancing energy consumption versus latency in sensor network routing,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 4, article 21, 2008.
- J. H. Chang and L. Tassiulas, “Maximum lifetime routing in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 609–619, 2004.
- A. Giridhar and P. R. Kumar, “Maximizing the functional lifetime of sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '05), pp. 5–12, April 2005.
- H. Nama and N. Mandayam, “Sensor networks over information fields: optimal energy and node distributions,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '05), vol. 3, pp. 1842–1847, March 2005.
- X. Wu and C. G. Cassandras, “A maximum time optimal control approach to routing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference (CDC-ECC '05), pp. 1137–1142, December 2005.
- D. Bertsimas and M. Sim, “The price of robustness,” Operations Research, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 35–53, 2004.
- I. C. Paschalidis and S.-C. Kang, “Robust linear optimization: on the benefits of distributional information and applications in inventory control,” in Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference (CDC-ECC '05), pp. 4416–4421, esp, December 2005.
- A. L. Soyster, “Convex programming with set-inclusive constraints and applications to inexact linear programming,” Operations Research, vol. 21, pp. 1154–1157, 1973.
- A. Ben-Tal and A. Nemirovski, “Robust solutions of uncertain linear programs,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 1999.
- P. Jacquet, “Geometry of information propagation in massively dense ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MoBiHoc '04), pp. 157–162, May 2004.
- S. Toumpis and L. Tassiulas, “Optimal deployment of large wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 2935–2953, 2006.
- V. Shnayder, M. Hempstead, B. R. Chen, G. W. Allen, and M. Welsh, “Simulating the power consumption of large-scale sensor network applications,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 188–200, November 2004.
- R. Madan and S. Lall, “Distributed algorithms for maximum lifetime routing in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 2185–2193, 2006.