- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 541258, 14 pages
An Autonomous Packet Transmission Strategy for Opportunistic Wireless Sensor Networks
1Vocational School of Technical Sciences, Karamanoglu Mehmetbey University, 70100 Karaman, Turkey
2Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Fatih University, 34500 Istanbul, Turkey
3Department of Electrical Engineering, Qatar University, P.O. Box 2710, Doha, Qatar
4Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mevlana University, 42003 Konya, Turkey
Received 24 April 2012; Revised 18 September 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yunghsiang Han
Copyright © 2012 Hakki Soy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–105, 2002.
- C. Van Phan and J. G. Kim, “An energy-efficient transmission strategy for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 3408–3413, March 2007.
- K. Kredo and P. Mohapatra, “Medium access control in wireless sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 961–994, 2007.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “An energy-efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceeding of the 21th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '02), pp. 1567–1576, usa, June 2002.
- R. Knopp and P. A. Humblet, “Information capacity and power control in single-cell multiuser communications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '95), Gateway to Globalization, vol. 1, pp. 331–335, Seattle, Wash, USA, June 1995.
- P. Viswanath, D. N. C. Tse, and R. Laroia, “Opportunistic beamforming using dumb antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1277–1294, 2002.
- D. Wang, H. Minn, and N. Al-Dhahir, “A distributed opportunistic access scheme and its application to OFDMA systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 738–746, 2009.
- Y. Yu and G. B. Giannakis, “Opportunistic medium access for wireless networking adapted to decentralized CSI,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1445–1455, 2006.
- C. Shannon, “A mathematical theory of communication,” Tech. Rep. 27:379, Bell System Technical Journal, Paris, France, 1948.
- P. Coronel, S. Furrer, and W. Schott, “An opportunistic energy-efficient medium-access scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '05), vol. 2, pp. 1082–1086, May 2005.
- H. Jeon, J. Choi, H. Lee, and J. Ha, “Channel-aware energy efficient transmission strategies for large wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 643–646, 2010.
- P. Venkitasubramaniam, S. Adireddy, and L. Tong, “Opportunistic ALOHA and cross layer design for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '03), vol. 1, pp. 705–710, October 2003.
- V. Hassel, M. R. Hanssen, and G. E. Øien, “Spectral efficiency and fairness for opportunistic round robin scheduling,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '06), vol. 2, pp. 784–789, July 2006.
- F. Florén, O. Edfors, and B. A. Molin, “Throughput analysis of three multiuser diversity schemes,” in Proceedings of the 57th IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '03), vol. 4, pp. 2686–2690, April 2003.
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, Translated from the Russian, Translation edited and with a preface by Alan Jeffrey and Daniel Zwillinger, Elsevier/Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 7th edition, 2007.
- N. Sharma and L. H. Ozarow, “A study of opportunism for multiple-antenna systems,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1804–1814, 2005.
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 10th edition, 1964.