- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 547471, 8 pages
A Secure Hierarchical Key Management Scheme in Wireless Sensor Network
1School of Electronic Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing 100876, China
2Department of Production & Technology, State Grid Information & Telecommunication Company Ltd. , Beijing 100761, China
3IoT Center, State Grid Electric Power Research Institute, Nanjing 210003, China
4College of Computer Science & Information Engineering, Tianjin University of Science & Technology, Tianjin 300222, China
Received 12 June 2012; Revised 28 July 2012; Accepted 12 August 2012
Academic Editor: Hailun Tan
Copyright © 2012 Yiying Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Zhou, Y. Fang, and Y. Zhang, “Securing wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 6–28, 2008.
- S. Banihashemian and A. G. Bafghi, “A new key management scheme in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT '10), pp. 141–146, February 2010.
- F. Anjum, “Location dependent key management in sensor networks without using deployment knowledge,” Wireless Networks, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1587–1600, 2010.
- X. Du, Y. Xiao, M. Guizani, and H. H. Chen, “An effective key management scheme for heterogeneous sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 24–34, 2007.
- S. Banihashemian and A. G. Bafghi, “Alternative shared key replacement in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference on Communication Networks and Services Research (CNSR '10), pp. 174–178, May 2010.
- M. Luk, G. Mezzour, A. Perrig, and V. Gligor, “MiniSec: a secure sensor network communication architecture,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '07), pp. 479–488, April 2007.
- W. Du, J. Deng, Y. S. Han, S. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “A key management scheme for wireless sensor networks using deployment knowledge,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), pp. 586–597, March 2004.
- H. Chan, A. Perrig, and D. Song, “Random key predistribution schemes for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security And Privacy, pp. 197–213, May 2003.
- K. Vivek, C. Narottam, and S. Surender, “A survey on clustering algorithms for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 745–754, 2011.
- K. Ramesh and K. Somasundaram, “A comparative study of clusterhead selection algorithms in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Survey, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 153–164, 2011.
- A. Ray and D. De, “Energy efficient cluster head selection in wireless sensor network,” Recent Advances in Information Technology, pp. 306–311, 2012.
- S. Zhu, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, “LEAP+: efficient security mechanisms for large-scale distributed sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 500–528, 2006.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agrawal, “TEEN: a protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 15th international workshop on parallel and distributed computing issues in wireless networks and mobile computing, pp. 2009–2015, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- J. S. Chen, Z. W. Hong, N. C. Wang, and S. H. Jhuang, “Efficient cluster head selection methods for wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Networks, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 964–970, 2010.
- H. N. Seyed, H. J. Amir, and D. Vanesa, “A distributed group rekeying scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications (ICSNC '11), pp. 127–135, 2011.
- F. R. Kong and C. W. Li, “Dynamic key management scheme for wireless sensor network,” Journal of Software, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1679–1691, 2010 (Chinese).
- S. Bandyopadhyay and E. J. Coyle, “An energy efficient hierarchical clustering algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '03), pp. 1713–1723, April 2003.