- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 565604, 13 pages
An Adaptive Opportunistic Network Coding Mechanism in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks
1Key Laboratory of Intelligent Perception and System for High-Dimensional Information of Ministry of Education, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, China
2State Key Laboratory of Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
3Department of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing 210009, China
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ruchuan Wang
Copyright © 2012 Hang Shen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdury, “Wireless multimedia sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 32–39, 2007.
- H. D. Ma and D. Tao, “Multimedia sensor network and its research progresses,” Journal of Software, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2013–2028, 2006.
- R. Dai, P. Wang, and I. F. Akyildiz, “Correlation-aware QoS routing with differential coding for wireless video sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1469–1479, 2012.
- T. Melodia and I. F. Akyildiz, “Cross-layer QoS-aware communication for ultra wide band wireless multimedia sensor networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 653–663, 2010.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S. Y. R. Li, and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1204–1216, 2000.
- S. Katti, H. Rahul, W. Hu, D. Katabi, M. Medard, and J. Crowcroft, “XORs in the air: practical wireless network coding,” in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, pp. 243–254, Pisa, Italy, 2006.
- H. Seferoglu, A. Markopoulou, and K. K. Ramakrishnan, “I2NC: intra- and inter-session network coding for unicast flows in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM 2011, pp. 1035–1043, Shanghai, China, April 2011.
- S. Rayanchu, S. Sen, J. Wu, S. Baneriee, and S. Senqupta, “Loss-aware network coding for unicast wireless sessions: design, implementation, and performance evaluation,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMETRICS International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems (SIGMETRICS '08), pp. 85–96, Annapolis, Md, USA, June 2008.
- J. Zhang, Y. P. Chen, and I. Marsic, “MAC-layer proactive mixing for network coding in multi-hop wireless networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 196–207, 2010.
- Y. Yan, B. Zhang, J. Zheng, and J. Ma, “CORE: a coding-aware opportunistic routing mechanism for wireless mesh networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 96–103, 2010.
- S. Han, Z. Zhong, H. Li, G. Chen, E. Chan, and A. K. Mok, “Coding-aware multi-path routing in multi-hop wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC '08), pp. 93–100, Austin, Tex, USA, December 2008.
- J. Le, J. C. S. Lui, and D. M. Chiu, “DCAR: distributed coding-aware routing in wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 596–608, 2010.
- S. Sengupta, S. Rayanchu, and S. Banerjee, “Network coding-aware routing in wireless networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1158–1170, 2010.
- H. Seferoglu, A. Markopoulou, and U. Kozat, “Network coding-aware rate control and scheduling in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '09), pp. 1496–1499, New York, NY, USA, July 2009.
- K. Chi, X. Jiang, and S. Horiguchi, “Joint design of network coding and transmission rate selection for multihop wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 2435–2444, 2010.
- C. S. Hwang and H. Moon, “Rate adaptation for wireless network coding using partial overhearing,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 890–892, 2009.
- H. Seferoglu and A. Markopoulou, “Video-aware opportunistic network coding over wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1–16, 2009.
- H. Seferoglu and A. Markopoulou, “Delay-optimized network coding for video streaming over wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10), Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010.
- Y. Xuan and C. T. Lea, “Network-coding multicast networks with QoS guarantees,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 265–274, 2011.
- S. Yang and J. Wu, “Efficient broadcasting using network coding and directional antennas in MANETs,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 148–161, 2010.
- A. Asterjadhi, E. Fasolo, M. Rossi, J. Widmer, and M. Zorzi, “Toward network coding-based protocols for data broadcasting in wireless Ad Hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 662–673, 2010.
- IEEE Standard for Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, 802. 11 Standard, 1997.
- IEEE Standard 802. 15. 4, Part 15. 4: Wireless Medium Access Control and Physical Layer Specification for Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks. IEEE Std. 802. 15. 4, December 2003.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdhury, “Wireless multimedia sensor networks: applications and testbeds,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 1588–1605, 2008.
- Video Trace Library, http://trace.eas.asu.edu/yuv.
- “The Network Simulator-ns,” http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Main_Page.