- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 568240, 8 pages
A Wireless Sensor Network System with a Jumping Node for Unfriendly Environments
School of Instrument Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Received 24 December 2011; Accepted 16 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jiming Chen
Copyright © 2012 Jun Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Jiang, H. Xia, Z. He, and Z. Wang, “Design of a water environment monitoring system based on wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 6411–6434, 2009.
- G. Song, Y. Zhou, W. Zhang, and A. Song, “A multi-interface gateway architecture for home automation networks,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1110–1113, 2008.
- C. A. Boano, N. Tsiftes, T. Voigt, J. Brown, and U. Roedig, “The impact of temperature on outdoor industrial sensornet applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 451–459, 2010.
- M. A. Hussain, P. Khan, and K. K. Sup, “WSN research activities for military application,” in Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT '09), pp. 271–274, Phoenix Park, Republic of Korea, February 2009.
- G. Song, Y. Zhou, Z. Wei, and A. Song, “A smart node architecture for adding mobility to wireless sensor networks,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 216–221, 2008.
- C. H. Lin, S. H. Yang, H. T. Chen, and K. T. Song, “Mobile robot intruder detection based on a zigbee sensor network,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '08), pp. 2786–2791, Singapore, October 2008.
- Y. Li and L. E. Parker, “Detecting and monitoring time-related abnormal events using a wireless sensor network and mobile robot,” in Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS' 08), pp. 3292–3298, Nice, France, September 2008.
- J. Takahashi, T. Yamaguchi, K. Sekiyama, and T. Fukuda, “Communication timing control and topology reconfiguration of a sink-free meshed sensor network with mobile robots,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 187–197, 2009.
- S. Collins, A. Ruina, R. Tedrake, and M. Wisse, “Efficient bipedal robots based on passive-dynamic walkers,” Science, vol. 307, no. 5712, pp. 1082–1085, 2005.
- F. Doshi, E. Brunskill, A. Shkolnik et al., “Collision detection in legged locomotion using supervised learning,” in Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '07), pp. 317–322, San Diego, Calif, USA, November 2007.
- E. Sayginer, T. Akbey, Y. Yazicioglu, and A. Saranli, “Task oriented kinematic analysis for a legged robot with half-circular leg morphology,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '09), pp. 4088–4093, May 2009.
- P. Corke, S. Hrabar, R. Peterson, D. Rus, S. Saripalli, and G. Sukhatme, “Autonomous deployment and repair of a sensor network using an unmanned aerial vehicle,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3602–3608, New Orleans, LA, USA, May 2004.
- R. Armour, K. Paskins, A. Bowyer, J. Vincent, and W. Megill, “Jumping robots: A biomimetic solution to locomotion across rough terrain,” Bioinspiration and Biomimetics, vol. 2, no. 3, article S01, pp. S65–S82, 2007.
- J. Burdick and P. Fiorini, “Minimalist jumping robots for celestial exploration,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 22, no. 7-8, pp. 653–674, 2003.
- B. G. A. Lambrecht, A. D. Horchler, and R. D. Quinn, “A small, insect-inspired robot that runs and jumps,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1240–1245, Barcelona, Spain, April 2005.
- U. Scarfogliero, C. Stefanini, and P. Dario, “The use of compliant joints and elastic energy storage in bio-inspired legged robots,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 580–590, 2009.
- H. Tsukagoshi, M. Sasaki, A. Kitagawa, and T. Tanaka, “Design of a higher jumping rescue robot with the optimized pneumatic drive,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1276–1283, Barcelona, Spain, April 2005.
- J. Zhao, N. Xi, B. Gao, M. Mutka, and L. Xiao, “Development of a controllable and continuous jumping robot,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4614–4619, Shanghai, China, 2011.
- S. A. Stoeter and N. Papanikolopoulos, “Kinematic motion model for jumping scout robots,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 398–403, 2006.
- M. Kovač, M. Schlegel, J. C. Zufferey, and D. Floreano, “Steerable miniature jumping robot,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 295–306, 2010.
- E. Kadioglu and N. Papanikolopoulos, “A Method for transporting a team of miniature robots,” in Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2297–2302, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, October 2003.
- J. Zhang, Y. Zhu, H. Wang, and J. Zhang, “Design of a bio-inspired jumping robot for rough terrain,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Environmental Science and Information Application Technology (ESIAT '10), pp. 40–43, Wu Han, China, July 2010.