- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 570643, 10 pages
Probability Model Based Coverage-Enhancing Algorithm for WSNs of Nodes' Adjustable Movement Pattern
1College of Internet of Things, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Jiangsu High Technology Research Key Laboratory for Wireless Sensor Networks, and Key Lab of Broadband Wireless Communication and Sensor Network Technology, Ministry of Education, Nanjing 210003, China
2College of Computer, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Jiangsu High Technology Research Key Laboratory for Wireless Sensor Networks, and Key Lab of Broadband Wireless Communication and Sensor Network Technology, Ministry of Education, Nanjing 210003, China
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 23 October 2012
Academic Editor: Fu Xiao
Copyright © 2012 Junjie Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Meguerdichian, F. Koushanfar, M. Potkonjak, and M. B. Srivastava, “Coverage problems in wireless ad-hoc sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '01), vol. 3, pp. 1380–1387, IEEE Press, New York, NY, USA, April 2001.
- J. Huang, L. Sun, R. Wang, and H. Huang, “Improved virtual potential field algorithm based on probability model in three-dimensional directional sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 45–53, 2012.
- E. Onur, C. Ersoy, and H. Deliç, “Analysis of target detection probability in randomly deployed sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 778–780, 2007.
- Y. Wu, M. Li, Z. Cai, and E. Zhu, “A distributed algorithm to approximate node-weighted minimum α-connected (θ,k)-coverage in dense sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Frontiers of Algorithmic Workshop, vol. 5059, pp. 221–232, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- M. Cardei and J. Wu, “Energy-efficient coverage problems in wireless ad-hoc sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 413–420, 2006.
- Y. Zou and K. Chakrabarty, “Sensor deployment and target localization in distributed sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 61–91, 2004.
- S. J. Li, C. F. Xu, Z. H. Wu, and Y. H. Pan, “Optimal deployment and protection strategy in sensor network for target tracking,” Acta Electronica Sinica, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 71–76, 2006 (Chinese).
- D. Tao and H. Ma, “Coverage-enhancing algorithm for directional sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the of the 2nd International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks, I. Stojmenovic and J. N. Cao, Eds., pp. 256-–267, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- D. Tao, H. D. Ma, and L. Liu, “A virtual potential field based coverage-enhancing algorithm for directional sensor networks,” Journal of Software, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1152–1163, 2007 (Chinese).
- D. Zhang, M. Xu, Y. Chen, and S. Wang, “Probabilistic coverage configuration for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM '06), pp. 1–4, September 2006.
- J. P. Sheu and H. F. Lin, “Probabilistic coverage preserving protocol with energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '07), pp. 2633–2638, March 2007.
- X. Bai, C. Zhang, D. Xuan, and W. Jia, “Full-coverage and k-connectivity (, 6) three dimensional networks,” in Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '09), pp. 388–396, April 2009.
- S. M. Nazrul Alam and Z. J. Haas, “Coverage and connectivity in three-dimensional networks,” in Proceedings of the 12th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '06), pp. 346–357, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, September 2006.
- B. Liu and D. Towsley, “A study of the coverage of large-scale sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems, pp. 475–483, October 2004.
- M. Cardei and D. Z. Du, “Improving wireless sensor network lifetime through power aware organization,” Wireless Networks, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 333–340, 2005.
- D. Brinza and A. Zelikovsky, “DEEPS: deterministic energy-efficient protocol for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD '06), pp. 261–266, June 2006.
- D. Tian and N. D. Georganas, “A coverage-preserving node scheduling scheme for large wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications, pp. 32–41, Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 2002.
- J. Wang, C. Niu, and R. Shen, “Priority-based target coverage in directional sensor networks using a genetic algorithm,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 11-12, pp. 1915–1922, 2009.
- D. Pescaru, C. Istin, D. Curiac, and A. Doboli, “Energy saving strategy for video-based wireless sensor networks under field coverage preservation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Automation, Quality and Testing, Robotics (AQTR '08), pp. 289–294, May 2008.
- J. J. Huang, L. J. Sun, R. C. Wang, and H. P. Huang, “Virtual potential field and covering factor based coverage-enhancing algorithm for three-dimensional wireless sensor networks,” Journal on Communications, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 16–21, 2010.