- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 582139, 6 pages
A Congestion-Aware IDS Node Selection Method for Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
2KAIST Institute for Information Technology Convergence, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
3Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering and Graduate School of Information Security, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701, Republic of Korea
Received 10 February 2012; Revised 9 June 2012; Accepted 24 June 2012
Academic Editor: Sahin Albayrak
Copyright © 2012 Jaeun Choi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Onat and A. Miri, “An intrusion detection system for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob '05), pp. 253–259, Montreal, Canada, August 2005.
- H. Kim, D. Kim, and S. Kim, “Lifetime-enhancing selection of monitoring nodes for intrusion detection in mobile Ad Hoc networks,” AEU—International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 248–250, 2006.
- Y. Zhang, W. Lee, and Y. A. Huang, “Intrusion detection techniques for mobile wireless networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 545–556, 2003.
- L. Mostarda and A. Navarra, “Distributed intrusion detection systems for enhancing security in mobile wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 83–109, 2008.
- O. Kachirski and R. Guha, “Effective intrusion detection using multiple sensors in wireless Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceeding of the 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS '03), pp. 57–64, Big Island, Hawaii, USA, January 2003.
- M. I. Khan, W. N. Gansterer, and G. Haring, “Congestion avoidance and energy efficient Routing protocol for wireless sensor networks with a mobile sink,” Journal of Networks, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 42–49, 2007.
- M. K. Rafsanjani, A. A. Khavasi, and A. Movaghar, “An efficient method for identifying IDS agent nodes by discovering compromised nodes in MANET,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering (ICCEE '09), pp. 625–629, Dubai, UAE, December 2009.
- T. H. Hai and E. N. Huh, “Minimizing the intrusion detection modules in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Sciences and its Applications (ICCSA '08), pp. 184–189, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, July 2008.
- M. Khanafer, M. Guennoun, and H. T. Mouftah, “Intrusion detection in WSN-based intelligent transportation systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications, pp. 117–122, Miami, Fla, USA, 2011.
- V. Marianov and M. Ríos, “A probabilistic quality of service constraint for a location model of switches in ATM communications networks,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 96, no. 1–4, pp. 237–243, 2000.
- L. M. Feeney and M. Nilsson, “Investigating the energy consumption of a wireless network interface in an Ad Hoc networking environment,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '01), pp. 1548–1557, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, April 2001.