- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 603709, 6 pages
An Energy Supply System for Wireless Sensor Network Nodes
1School of Electronic Information Engineering, Henan University of Science and Technology, Room 48, Xiyuan Road, Jianxi District, Luoyang 471003, China
2Henan Key Laboratory for Machinery Design and Transmission System, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, China
Received 26 November 2011; Revised 25 March 2012; Accepted 25 March 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Guoqiang Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. P. James, M. J. Tubor, S. P. Beeby et al., “An investigation of self-powered systems for condition monitoring applications,” Sensors and Actuators, A, vol. 110, no. 1–3, pp. 171–176, 2004.
- Z. Wen, Z. Wen, X. He, H. Liao, and H. Liu, “Vibration-based piezoelectric generator and its application in the wireless sensor node,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 75–79, 2008.
- R. Torah, P. Glynne-Jones, M. Tudor, T. O'Donnell, S. Roy, and S. Beeby, “Self-powered autonomous wireless sensor node using vibration energy harvesting,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 12, Article ID 125202, 2008.
- P. Li, C. Olmi, and G. Song, “Energy efficient wireless sensor network for structural health monitoring using distributed embedded piezoelectric transducers,” in Sensors and Smart Structures Technologies for Civil, Mechanical, and Aerospace Systems, vol. 7647 of Proceedings of SPIE, March 2010.
- J. Y. Lee, J. G. Oh, K. S. Kim, and B. Choi, “The energy conversion system with piezoelectric effect for wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (ICSET '08), pp. 820–824, November 2008.
- X. Du and H. Yu, “Piezoelectric battery design to harvest ambient vibration energy for wireless sensor nodes,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 26–28, pp. 1088–1092, 2010.
- J. Bing, L. Ping, C. Lijuan, L. Xianglin, F. Chi, and X. Xiaohui, “A step-up vibration energy harvester based on piezoelectric bimorph cantilever,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 347–353, pp. 3068–3076, 2011.
- Y. W. Shwe and Y. C. Liang, “Smart dust sensor network with piezoelectric energy harvesting,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA '09), pp. 184–187, November 2009.
- Y. K. Tan, K. Y. Hoe, and S. K. Panda, “Energy harvesting using piezoelectric igniter for self-powered radio frequency (RF) wireless sensors,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '06), pp. 1711–1716, December 2006.
- J. Hannu, J. Juuti, and H. Jantunen, “Recent patents on piezoelectric energy harvester transducer structures,” Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2010.
- K. Reilly Elizabeth, B. Fred, F. Romy, and W. Paul, “Powering a wireless sensor node with a vibration-driven piezoelectric energy harvester,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 20, no. 12, Article ID 125006, 2011.
- E. Lefeuvre, D. Audigier, C. Richard, and D. Guyomar, “Buck-boost converter for sensorless power optimization of piezoelectric energy harvester,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 2018–2025, 2007.
- W. Hongyan, S. Xiaobiao, and X. Tao, “Complex impedance matching for power improvement of a circular piezoelectric energy harvester,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 148-149, pp. 169–172, 2012.
- G. K. Ottman, H. F. Hofmann, and G. A. Lesieutre, “Optimized piezoelectric energy harvesting circuit using step-down converter in discontinuous conduction mode,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 696–703, 2003.
- L. Mickal, W. Yi-Chieh, and G. Daniel, “Switching delay effects on nonlinear piezoelectric energy harvesting techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 464–472, 2012.
- J. Liang and W. H. Liao, “Energy flow in piezoelectric energy harvesting systems,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 20, no. 1, Article ID 015005, 2011.
- I. C. Lien and Y. C. Shu, “Array of piezoelectric energy harvesters,” in Energy Harvesting and Scavenging I: Piezoelectric and Synchronization, vol. 7977 of Proceedings of SPIE, Active and Passive Smart Structures and Integrated Systems, 2011.
- E. Lefeuvre, A. Badel, A. Benayad, L. Lebrun, C. Richard, and D. Guyomar, “A comparison between several approaches of piezoelectric energy harvesting,” Journa of Physics IV France, vol. 128, pp. 177–186, 2005.
- R. D'Hulst, T. Sterken, R. Puers, G. Deconinck, and J. Driesen, “Power processing circuits for piezoelectric vibration-based energy harvesters,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 4170–4177, 2010.
- L. Garbuio, M. Lallart, D. Guyomar, C. Richard, and D. Audigier, “Mechanical energy harvester with ultralow threshold rectification based on SSHI nonlinear technique,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1048–1056, 2009.
- Y. Liu, G. Tian, Y. Wang, J. Lin, Q. Zhang, and H. F. Hofmann, “Active piezoelectric energy harvesting: general principle and experimental demonstration,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 575–585, 2009.
- L. C. J. Blystad, E. Halvorsen, and S. Husa, “Piezoelectric MEMS energy harvesting systems driven by harmonic and random vibrations,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 908–919, 2010.
- G. K. Ottman, H. F. Hofmann, A. C. Bhatt, and G. A. Lesieutre, “Adaptive piezoelectric energy harvesting circuit for wireless remote power supply,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 669–676, 2002.