- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 605494, 11 pages
An Efficient Reliable Communication Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Linear Network Coding
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
2School of Computer and Information, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei 230009, China
3State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Received 1 August 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Sun
Copyright © 2012 Jin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz and X. Wang, “A survey on wireless mesh networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. S23–S30, 2005.
- M. L. Sichitiu, “Wireless mesh networks: opportunities and challenges,” in Proceedings of the 6th World Wireless Congress (WWC '05), pp. 318–323, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, May 2005.
- L. M. L. Oliveira, A. F. De Sousa, and J. J. P. C. Rodrigues, “Routing and mobility approaches in IPv6 over LoWPAN mesh networks,” International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1445–1466, 2011.
- I. Bekmezci and F. Alagz, “Energy efficient, delay sensitive, fault tolerant wireless sensor network for military monitoring,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 729–747, 2009.
- N. Jain and D. P. Agrawal, “Current trends in wireless sensor network design,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 101–122, 2005.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “A flexible and reliable radio communication stack on motes,” Tech. Rep., USC Information Sciences Institute, 2002.
- A. Woo and D. E. Culler, “A transmission control scheme for media access in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '01), pp. 221–235, New York, NY, USA, July 2001.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “Medium access control with coordinated adaptive sleeping for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 493–506, 2004.
- B. Kusy, C. Richter, W. Hu et al., “Radio diversity for reliable communication in WSNs,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '11), pp. 270–281, April 2011.
- S. Chalasani and V. Rajaravivarma, “Survivability in optical networks,” in proceedings of the 35th Southeastern Ymposium on System Theory, pp. 6–10, 2003.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S. Y. R. Li, and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1204–1216, 2000.
- R. Koetter and M. Médard, “An algebraic approach to network coding,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 782–795, 2003.
- S. Y. R. Li, R. W. Yeung, and N. Cai, “Linear network coding,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 371–381, 2003.
- Z. Li, B. Li, and L. C. Lau, “On achieving maximum multicast throughput in undirected networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2467–2485, 2006.
- T. Ho, R. Koetter, M. Médard, D. R. Karger, and M. Effros, “The benefits of coding over routing in a randomized setting,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '03), p. 442, July 2003.
- A. E. Kamal, “1+N protection in mesh networks using network coding over p-Cycles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '06), pp. 1–6, December 2006.
- S. A. Aly, A. E. Kamal, and O. M. Al-Kofahi, “Network protection codes: providing self-healing in autonomic networks using network coding,” Computer Networks, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 99–111, 2012.
- O. M. Al-Kofahi and A. Kamal, “Network coding-based protection of many-to-one wireless flows,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 797–813, 2009.
- A. E. Kamal, “A generalized strategy for 1+N protection,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '08), pp. 5155–5159, May 2008.
- S. Dai, J. Wang, X. Zhang, and S. Li, “Network coding-based 1+N protection scheme in hybrid wireless-optical broadband access networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th International ICST Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM '11), pp. 1013–1020, 2011.
- S. Dai, X. Zhang, J. Wang, and J. Wang, “An efficient coding scheme designed for n+k protection in wireless mesh networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1266–1269, 2012.
- L. Lima, M. Médard, and J. Barros, “Random linear network coding: a free cipher?” in proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '07), pp. 546–550, June 2007.