- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 625798, 15 pages
Aggregate Queries in Wireless Sensor Networks
1Division of Computer Science & Engineering, Konkuk University, Seoul 143-701, Republic of Korea
2Division of Software Engineering, Northeastern University, Shenyang 110819, China
3Cloud Computing Research Department, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Daejeon 305-700, Republic of Korea
Received 19 February 2012; Revised 25 May 2012; Accepted 25 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jianliang Xu
Copyright © 2012 Jeong-Joon Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–105, 2002.
- D. Culler, D. Estrin, and M. Srivastava, “Overview of sensor networks,” Computer, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 41–49, 2004.
- S. Motegi, K. Yoshihara, and H. Horiuchi, “DAG based in-network aggregation for sensor network monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 2006 International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT '06), pp. 292–299, January 2006.
- H. Cheng, L. Qin, and J. Xiaohua, “Heuristic algorithms for real-time data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '06), pp. 1123–1128, July 2006.
- E. Fasolo, M. Rossi, J. Widmer, and M. Zorzi, “In-network aggregation techniques for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 70–87, 2007.
- C. C. Hung and W. C. Peng, “Optimizing in-network aggregate queries in wireless sensor networks for energy saving,” Data and Knowledge Engineering, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 617–641, 2011.
- D. Wang, J. Xu, F. Wang, and J. Liu, “Mobile filter: exploring filter migration for error-bounded continuous sensor data collection,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 4093–4104, 2010.
- S. Madden, M. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, “TAG: a tiny aggregation service for Ad-hoc sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, pp. 131–146, 2002.
- S. Roy, M. Conti, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, “Secure median computation in wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1448–1462, 2009.
- N. Shrivastava, C. Buragohain, D. Agrawal, and S. Suri, “Medians and beyond: new aggregation techniques for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '04), pp. 239–249, November 2004.
- Y. Xu, W. Lee, J. Xu, and G. Mitchell, “Processing window queries in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 270–280, 2006.
- D. Pendarakis, N. Shrivastava, L. Zhen, and R. Ambrosio, “Information aggregation and optimized actuation in sensor networks: enabling smart electrical grids,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '07), pp. 2386–2390, May 2007.
- J. J. Kim, H. K. Kang, D. S. Hong, and K. J. Han, “An efficient compression technique for a multi-dimensional index in main memory,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Visual Information Systems (VISUAL '07), pp. 336–346, 2007.
- J. Considine, F. Li, G. Kollios, and J. Byers, “Approximate aggregation techniques for sensor databases,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE '04), pp. 449–460, April 2004.