- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 632836, 11 pages
A Multicast Routing Protocol with Pruning and Energy Balancing for Wireless Sensor Networks
1The State Key Laboratory of Software Development Environment, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
2Research Institute of Beihang University in Shenzhen, Shenzhen 518057, China
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 4 June 2012
Academic Editor: Ferry Pramudianto
Copyright © 2012 Juhua Pu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Römer and F. Mattern, “The design space of wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 54–61, 2004.
- A. Penttinen, “Minimum cost multicast trees in ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '06), pp. 3676–3681, July 2006.
- T. Niwat, T. Yoshito, and S. Kaoru, “An efficient multicast routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” IEIC Technical Report 690, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Tokyo, Japan, 2005.
- A. Sheth, B. Shucker, and R. Han, “VLM2: A very lightweight mobile multicast system for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '03), pp. 1936–1941, New Orleans, La, USA, 2003.
- A. Okura, T. Ihara, and A. Miura, “BAM: branch aggregation multicast for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '05), pp. 354–363, November 2005.
- C. Papageorgiou, P. Kokkinos, and E. Varvarigos, “Energy-efficient multicasting in wireless networks with fixed node transmission power,” in Proceedings of ACM International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '09), pp. 958–962, June 2009.
- K. Tian, B. Zhang, H. Mouftah, Z. Zhao, and J. Ma, “Destination-driven on-demand multicast routing protocol for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '09), pp. 1–5, June 2009.
- F. Wang, J. Tao, and B. Shao, “An energy-balanced multicast routing algorithm in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Grid and Cloud Computing (GCC '10), pp. 361–365, November 2010.
- L. Cheng, S. K. Das, J. Cao, C. Chen, and J. Ma, “Distributed minimum transmission multicast routing protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 39th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP '10), pp. 188–197, September 2010.
- X. Ma, M. T. Sun, G. Zhao, and X. Liu, “An efficient path pruning algorithm for geographical routing in wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 2474–2488, 2008.
- W. Navidi and T. Camp, “Stationary distributions for the random waypoint mobility model,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 99–108, 2004.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS '00), vol. 2, p. 223, January 2000.
- F. Sato, “An efficient shared-tree-based multi-source multicast routing protocol in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA '09), pp. 377–382, May 2009.
- Y. Zhu and L. M. Ni, “Probabilistic wakeup: adaptive duty cycling for energy-efficient event detection,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, pp. 360–367, Chania, Crete Island, Greece, October 2007.