- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 656231, 9 pages
Modelling and Performance Analysis of a Network of Chemical Sensors with Dynamic Collaboration
1HPP Division, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, 506 Lorimer Street, Fishermans Bend, VIC 3207, Australia
2ISR Division, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, 506 Lorimer Street, Fishermans Bend, VIC 3207, Australia
Received 14 July 2011; Revised 4 November 2011; Accepted 4 November 2011
Academic Editor: Frank Ehlers
Copyright © 2012 Alex Skvortsov and Branko Ristic. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Raghavendra, K. M. Sivalingam, and T. Znati, Wireless Sensor Networks, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- P. E. Bieringer, A. Wyszogrodzki, J. Weil, and G. Bieberbach, “An evaluation of propylene sampler grid designs for the FFT07 field program,” Tech. Rep., National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colo, USA, 2006.
- E. Ertin, J. W. Fisher, and L. C. Potter, “Maximum mutual information principle for dynamic sensor query problems,” in Information Processing in Sensor Networks, vol. 2634 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 91–104, 2003.
- F. Zhao, J. Shin, and J. Reich, “Information-driven dynamic sensor collaboration for tracking applications,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 61–72, 2002.
- J. Mathieu, G. Hwang, and J. Dunyak, “The state of the art and the state of the practice: transferring insights from complex biological systems to the exploitation of netted sensors in command and control enterprises,” MITRE Technichal Papers, MITRE Corporation, Bedford, Mass, USA, 2006.
- A. Khelil, C. Becker, J. Tia, and K. Rothermel, “An epidemic model for information diffusion in MANETs,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM international workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of wireless and mobile systems (MSWiM '02), pp. 54–60, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2002.
- P. De, Y. Liu, and S. K. Das, “An epidemic theoretic framework for evaluating broadcast protocolsin wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Proceedings of IEEE Internatonal Conferenceon Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '07), pp. 1–9, Pisa, Italy, 2007.
- B. Ristic, A. Skvortsov, and M. Morelande, “Predicting the progress and the peak of an epidemic,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '09), pp. 513–516, Taiwan, April 2009.
- A. Dekker and A. Skvortsov, “Topological issues in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM '09), Cairns, Australia, 2009.
- S. Eubank, V. S. A. Kumar, and M. Marathe, “Epidemiology and wireless communication: tight analogy or loose metaphor?” in Bio-Inspired Computing and Communication, vol. 5151 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 91–104, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology, vol. 1-2, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- V. Bisignanesi and M. S. Borgas, “Models for integrated pest management with chemicals in atmospheric surface layers,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 2–10, 2007.
- A. Gunatilaka, B. Ristic, A. Skvortsov, and M. Morelande, “Parameter estimation of a continuous chemical plume source,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION '08), pp. 1–8, Cologne, Germany, July 2008.
- A. Gunatilaka, A. Skvortsov, and R. Gailis, “Progress in DSTO CBR simulation environment development,” in Proceedings of the Land Warfare Conference (LWC '08), pp. 62–68, Brisbane, Australia, 2008.
- A. Skvortsov and E. Yee, “Scaling laws of peripheral mixing of passive scalar in a wall-shear layer,” Physical Review E, vol. 83, no. 3, part 2, Article ID 036303, 8 pages, 2011.
- M. Jamriska, T. C. DuBois, and A. Skvortsov, “Statistical characterisation of bio-aerosol background in an urban environment,” Atmospheric Environment. In press, http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.4184.
- A. T. Skvortsov, R. B. Connell, P. D. Dawson, and R. M. Gailis, “Epidemic spread modeling: alignmentof agent-based simulation with a simple mathematical model,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOCOMP '07), vol. 2, pp. 487–490, CSREA Press, Las Vegas, Nev,USA, 2007.