- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672436, 15 pages
Self-Organized Connectivity Control and Optimization Subjected to Dispersion of Mobile Ad Hoc Sensor Networks
School of Computer and Communication Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
Received 3 May 2012; Revised 11 July 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editor: Zhiguo Ding
Copyright © 2012 Zhenqiang Mi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Rappaport, Wireless Communications, Principles and Practice, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2002.
- L. Ludwig and M. Gini, “Robotic swarm dispersion using wireless intensity signals,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Int'l Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, pp. 135–144, July 2006.
- D. V. Dimarogonas and K. J. Kyriakopoulos, “Inverse agreement protocols with application to distributed multi-agent dispersion,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 657–663, 2009.
- W. M. Spears, D. F. Spears, J. C. Hamann, and R. Heil, “Distributed, physics-based control of swarms of vehicles,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 17, no. 2-3, pp. 137–162, 2004.
- A. Chen, S. Kumar, and T. H. Lai, “Local barrier coverage in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 491–504, 2010.
- A. Tahbaz-Salehi and A. Jadbabaie, “Distributed coverage verification in sensor networks without location information,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1837–1849, 2010.
- Z. Tu, Q. Wang, H. Qi, and Y. Shen, “Flocking based distributed self-deployment algorithms in mobile sensor networks,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 437–449, 2012.
- J. Cortes, “Coverage optimization and spatial load balancing by robotic sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 749–754, 2010.
- H. Zhou, T. Liang, C. Xu, and J. Xie, “Multiobjective coverage control strategy for energy-efficient wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 720734, 10 pages, 2012.
- M. Zhong and C. G. Cassandras, “Distributed coverage control and data collection with mobile sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 2445–2455, 2011.
- Z. Mi and Y. Yang, “Topology control and coverage enhancement of dynamic networks based on the controllable movement of mobile agents,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communication, pp. 1–5, Kyoto, Japan, June 2011.
- M. M. Zavlanos and G. J. Pappas, “Potential fields for maintaining connectivity of mobile networks,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 812–816, 2007.
- Y. Kim and M. Mesbahi, “On maximizing the second smallest eigenvalue of a state-dependent graph Laplacian,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 116–120, 2006.
- T. Razafindralambo and D. Simplot-Ryl, “Connectivity preservation and coverage schemes for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 56, pp. 2418–2428, 2011.
- M. M. Zavlanos and G. J. Pappas, “Distributed connectivity control of mobile networks,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1416–1428, 2008.
- P. Yang, R. A. Freeman, G. J. Gordon, K. M. Lynch, S. S. Srinivasa, and R. Sukthankar, “Decentralized estimation and control of graph connectivity for mobile sensor networks,” Automatica, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 390–396, 2010.
- Y. Stergiopoulos, Y. Kantaros, and A. Tzes, “Distributed control of mobile sensor networks under RF connectivity constraints,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 741821, 7 pages, 2012.
- G. Notarstefano, K. Savla, F. Bullo, and A. Jadbabaie, “Maintaining limited-range connectivity among second-order agents,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 2124–2129, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, June 2006.
- Z. Mi, Y. Yang, and G. Liu, “Connectivity control of mobile multi-robot networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 123–128, Montreal, Canada, July 2010.
- X. Li and Y. Xi, “Distributed cooperative coverage and connectivity maintenance for mobile sensing devices,” in Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 7891–7896, Shanghai, China, December 2009.
- A. Ajorlou, A. Momeni, and A. G. Aghdam, “Connectivity preservation in a network of single integrator agents,” in Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 7061–7067, Shanghai, China, December 2009.
- G. Xing, T. Wang, Z. Xie, and W. Jia, “Rendezvous planning in wireless sensor networks with mobile elements,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1430–1443, 2008.
- Y. Yang, Z. Mi, J. Y. Yang, and G. Liu, “A model based connectivity improvement strategy for vehicular ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 76th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Ottawa, Canada, September 2010.
- R. Wattenhofer and A. Zollinger, “XTC: a practical topology control algorithm for ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium, pp. 216–222, Santa Ana, Calif, USA, 2004.
- A. Jawahar, S. Radha, and R. Sharath Kumar, “Capacity-preserved, energy-enhanced hybrid topology management scheme in wireless sensor networks for hazardous applications,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 280932, 12 pages, 2012.
- R. Olfati-Saber, “Flocking for multi-agent dynamic systems: algorithms and theory,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 401–420, 2006.