- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 681273, 6 pages
Reliable Latency-Aware Routing for Clustered WSNs
Graduate School of Information and Communication, Ajou University, Suwon 443-749, Republic of Korea
Received 14 September 2011; Accepted 2 January 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Ali Tufail. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Fiorenzo, G. Maurizio, M. Domenico, and M. Luca, “A review of localization algorithms for distributed wireless sensor networks in manufacturing,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 22, pp. 698–716, 2009.
- Y. C. Wang, Y. Y. Hsieh, and Y. C. Tseng, “Multiresolution spatial and temporal coding in a wireless sensor network for long-term monitoring applications,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 827–828, 2009.
- T. T. Long and J. Levendovszky, “A novel reliability based routing protocol for power aware communications in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '09), pp. 1–6, Budapest, Hungary, April 2009.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “A survey on sensor networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 102–105, 2002.
- U. Varshney and S. Sneha, “Patient monitoring using ad hoc wireless networks: reliability and power management,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 49–55, 2006.
- A. Tufail, S. A. Khayam, S. D. Hwan, and K. H. Kim, “A hotline-based reliable topology for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '09), pp. 562–567, Athens, Greece, June 2009.
- H. M. F. AboElFotoh, S. S. Iyengar, and K. Chakrabarty, “Computing reliability and message delay for cooperative wireless distributed sensor networks subject to random failures,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 145–155, 2005.
- H. M. F. AboElFotoh, E. S. ElMallah, and H. S. Hassanein, “On the reliability of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '06), pp. 3455–3460, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2006.
- A. Shrestha, X. Liudong, and L. Hong, “Modeling and evaluating the reliability of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 53rd Annual Reliability and Maintainability Sympsoium (RAMS '07), pp. 186–191, Orlando, Fla, USA, January 2007.
- A. Shrestha, X. Liudong, and L. Hong, “Infrastructure communication reliability of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC '06), pp. 250–257, Indianapolis, Ind, USA, October 2006.
- J. Dong, W. Qianping, Z. Yan, and W. Ke, “The research and design of high reliability routing protocol of wireless sensor network in coal mine,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Networks Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing (NSWCTC '09), pp. 568–571, Wuhan, China, April 2009.
- O. Dousse, P. Mannersalo, and P. Thiran, “Latency of wireless sensor networks with uncoordinated power saving mechanisms,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MoBiHoc '04), pp. 109–120, May 2004.
- Y. Li, L. Guo, and S. K. Prasad, “An energy-efficient distributed algorithm for minimum-latency aggregation scheduling in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 30th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS '10), pp. 827–836, Genova, Italy, June 2010.
- A. Tufail, S. A. Khayam, M. T. Raza, A. Ali, and K. H. Kim, “An enhanced backbone-assisted reliable framework for wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1619–1651, 2010.
- W. Youssef and M. Younis, “Intelligent gateways placement for reduced data latency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 3805–3814, Glasgow, UK, June 2007.
- C. P. Low, C. Fang, J. Mee, and W. Hock, “Load-balanced clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 3485–3490, Glasgow, UK, June 2007.