- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 684180, 7 pages
Improving DNS Security Using Active Firewalling with Network Probes
1Foundation for National Scientific Computing, Avenue Brazil no. 101, 1700-066 Lisbon, Portugal
2Department of Informatics, University of Lisbon, Edifício C6, Campo-Grande, 1749-016 Lisbon, Portugal
Received 13 December 2011; Accepted 23 March 2012
Academic Editor: James Park
Copyright © 2012 Joao Afonso and Pedro Veiga. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Vixie, “DNS complexity,” Queue, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 24–29, 2007.
- D. Wessels, “A recent DNS survey,” DNS-OARC, 2004.
- D. Piscitello, “Conficker summary and review,” Tech. Rep., ICANN, May 2010.
- “SQLDNS website,” http://home.tiscali.cz/~cz210552/sqldns.html.
- “BIND website,” http://www.isc.org/products/BIND.
- B. Zdrnja, “Security monitoring of DNS traffic,” May 2006.
- P. Vixie and D. Wessels, “DNSCAP—DNS traffic capture utility,” in Proceedings of the The Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis Workshop, July 2007.
- D. Wessels, “Whats New with DSC,” DNS-OARC, 2007.
- “Tcpdump website,” Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, http://www.tcpdump.org/.
- John Kristoff, “An automated incident response system using BIND query logs,” June 2006.
- “MySQL website,” Open Source Database, http://www.mysql.com/.
- J. Afonso, E. Monteiro, and V. Costa, “Development of an integrated solution for intrusion detection: a model based on data correlation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS'06), Silicon Valley, Calif, USA, July 2006.
- “Tshark website,” The Wireshark Network Analyzer, http://www.wireshark.org/.
- IP FILTER – TCP/IP Firewall/NAT Software, http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/.
- P. Saint-Andre, Ed., “Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): core,” RFC 3920, 2004.
- J. Afonso and P. Veiga, “Protecting the DNS infrastructure of a top level domain: real-time monitoring with network sensors,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless and Sensor Networks Security (WSNS '08), Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2008.