- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 686172, 12 pages
Rendezvous Data Collection Using a Mobile Element in Heterogeneous Sensor Networks
Software School and State Key Lab of ISN, Xidian University, Shaanxi 710071, China
Received 11 January 2012; Accepted 20 February 2012
Academic Editor: Mo Li
Copyright © 2012 Junzhao Du et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Xing, T. Wang, W. Jia, and M. Li, “Rendezvous design algorithms for wireless sensor networks with a mobile base station,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '08), pp. 231–239, May 2008.
- G. Xing, T. Wang, Z. Xie, and W. Jia, “Rendezvous planning in mobility-assisted wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE International Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS '07), pp. 311–320, December 2007.
- Y. Tirta, Z. Li, Y. H. Lu, and S. Bagchi, “Efficient collection of sensor data in remote fields using mobile collectors,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '04), pp. 515–519, October 2004.
- D. S. J. de Couto, D. Aguayo, J. Bicket, and R. Morris, “A High-Throughput Path Metric for Multi-Hop Wireless Routing,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 134–146, September 2003.
- S. Jain, R. C. Shah, W. Brunette, G. Borriello, and S. Roy, “Exploiting mobility for energy-efficient data collection in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on WiOpt, 2004.
- R. C. Shah, S. Roy, S. Jain, and W. Brunette, “Data MULEs: modeling and analysis of a three-tier architecture for sparse sensor networks”.
- H. S. Kim, T. F. Abdelzaher, and W. H. Kwon, “Minimum-energy asynchronous dissemination to mobile sinks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), pp. 193–204, November 2003.
- J. Luo, J. Panchard, M. Piorkowski, M. Grossglauser, and J. Hubau, “Mobiroute: routing towards a mobile sink for improving life-time in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS '06), 2006.
- K. Tian, B. Zhang, K. Huang, and J. Ma, “Data gathering protocols for wireless sensor networks with mobile sinks,” in Proceedings od the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Globecom '10), 2010.
- P. Baruah, R. Urgaonkar, and B. Krishnamachari, “Learning-enforced time domain routing to mobile sinks in wireless sensor fields,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual IEEE International Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN '04), pp. 525–532, November 2004.
- A. Chakrabarti, A. Sabharwal, and B. Aazhang, “Using predictable observer mobility for power efficient design of sensor networks”.
- V. P. Mhatre, C. Rosenberg, D. Kofman, R. Mazumdar, and N. Shroff, “A minimum cost heterogeneous sensor network with a lifetime constraint,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 4–15, 2005.
- Y. Tirta, Z. Li, Y.-H. Lu, and S. Bagchi, “Efficient collection of sensor data in remote fields using mobile collectors,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '04), pp. 515–519, October 2004.
- L. Tong, Q. Zhao, and S. Adireddy, “Sensor networks with mobile agents,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '03), pp. 688–693, October 2003.
- P. Venkitasubramaniam, S. Adireddy, and L. Tong, “Sensor networks with mobile access: optimal random access and coding,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1058–1068, 2004.
- M. Li, W. Cheng, K. Liu, Y. H. Liu, X. Y. Li, and X. Liao, “Sweep coverage with mobile sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1534–1545, 2011.
- L. Shangguan, L. Mai, J. Du, W. He, and H. Liu, “Energy-efficient heterogeneous data collection in mobile wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the PMECT of IEEE ICCCN, 2011.
- Z. Li, M. Li, J. Wang, and Z. Cao, “Ubiquitous data collection for mobile users in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 2246–2254, 2011.
- M. Li and Y. Liu, “Rendered path: range-free localization in anisotropic sensor networks with holes,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 320–332, 2010.
- G. Mathur, P. Desnoyers, D. Ganesan, and P. Shenoy, “Ultra-low power data storage for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '06), pp. 374–381, April 2006.
- W. Stallings, Data and Computer Communications, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 7th edition, 2006.
- X. Li, A. Nayak, and I. Stojmenovic, “Exploiting actuator mobility for energy-efficient data collection in delay-tolerant wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS '09), pp. 216–221, April 2009.
- C. A. R. Hoare, “Partition: algorithm 63, quicksort: algorithm 64, and find: algorithm 65,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 321–322, 1961.