- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 708762, 9 pages
An Optimization Scheme for M2M-Based Patient Monitoring in Ubiquitous Healthcare Domain
1Department of Multimedia, Hannam University, Daejeon 306-791, Republic of Korea
2Standards Research Center, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Daejeon 305-700, Republic of Korea
3Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440-746, Republic of Korea
Received 3 November 2011; Accepted 30 January 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Sungmo Jung et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Lawton, “Machine-to-machine technology gears up for growth,” Computer, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 12–15, 2004.
- R. Kwok, “Use of (1) sensors and (2) radio frequency ID (RFID) for the national children’s study,” Technical Report, RTI International, 2004.
- IEEE 802.15.4, “Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs),” IEEE, 2003.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- S. Tilak, N.B. Abu-ghazaleh, and W. Heinzelman, “A taxonomy of wireless micro-sensor network models,” in ACM Mobile Computing and Communications Review, vol. 6, pp. 28–36, 2002.
- O. Boric-Lubecke and V. M. Lubecke, “Wireless house calls: using communications technology for health care and monitoring,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 43–48, 2002.
- P. Várady, Z. Benyó, and B. Benyó, “An open architecture patient monitoring system using standard technologies,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 95–98, 2002.
- K. Hung and Y. T. Zhang, “Implementation of a WAP-based telemedicine system for patient monitoring,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2003.
- K. Akkaya and M. Younis, “A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 325–349, 2005.
- J. N. Al-Karaki and A. E. Kamal, “Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 6–27, 2004.
- R. Kwok, “Use of sensors and radio frequency ID (RFID) for the national children’s study,” Technical Report, RTI International, 2004.
- S. Ferrari, “Track coverage in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 2053–2059, Minneapolis, Minn, USA, June 2006.
- S. S. Ram, D. Manjunath, S. K. Iyer, and D. Yogeshwaran, “On the path coverage properties of random sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 446–458, 2007.
- A. Howard, M. Mataric, and G. Sukhatme, “Mobile sensor network deployment using potential fields: a distributed, scalable solution to the area coverage problem,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotics Systems (DARS '02), Fukuoka, Japan, June 2002.
- S. Dhillon and K. Chakrabarty, “Sensor placement for effective coverage and surveillance in distributed sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking (WCNC '03), vol. 3, pp. 1609–1614, New Orleans, La, USA, March 2003.
- T. A. Wettergren and R. Costa, “Optimal placement of distributed sensors against moving targets,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1–25, 2009.
- M. Huff, “M2M device networking: components & strategies,” Technical Report, MSI Tec, September 2007.
- K. Bhaskar, B. W. Stephen, and B. Ramon, “Phase transition phenomena in wireless Ad-Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '01), vol. 5, pp. 2921–2925, San Antonio, Tex, USA, November 2001.
- D. Ucinski, “Optimal Measurement Methods for Distributed-Parameter System Identification,” CRC Press, 2005.
- J. G. Jetcheva and D. B. Johnson, “Adaptive demand-driven multicast routing in multi-hop wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '01), pp. 33–44, Long Beach, Calif, USA, October 2001.
- A. Schwartz, E. Polak, and Y. Chen, RIOTS, a matlab toolbox for solving optimal control problems, 1997, http://mechatronics.ece.usu.edu/riots/.
- J. E. Wieselthier, G. D. Nguyen, and A. Ephremides, “Energy-efficient broadcast and multicast trees in wireless networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 481–492, 2002.