- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 715261, 12 pages
A Path Planning Algorithm with a Guaranteed Distance Cost in Wireless Sensor Networks
1Institute of Computer Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
2State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editor: Yong Sun
Copyright © 2012 Yuanchao Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. M. Al-Turjman, H. S. Hassanein, and M. A. Ibnkahla, “Connectivity optimization for wireless sensor networks applied to forest monitoring,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '09), pp. 1–6, June 2009.
- O. A. Postolache, J. M. Dias Pereira, and P. M. B. Silva Girão, “Smart sensors network for air quality monitoring applications,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 3253–3262, 2009.
- C. W. Chen and Y. Wang, “Chain-type wireless sensor network for monitoring long range infrastructures: architecture and protocols,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 287–314, 2008.
- K. Casey, A. Lim, and G. Dozier, “A sensor network architecture for Tsunami detection and response,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 28–43, 2008.
- J. Borenstein and H. R. Everett, Navigating Mobile Robots: Sensors and Techniques, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- P. Sinha, R. Sivakumar, and V. Bharghavan, “Enhancing ad hoc routing with dynamic virtual infrastructures,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '01), pp. 1763–1772, April 2001.
- R. Fonseca, O. Gnawali, K. Jamieson, D. Moss, and P. Levis, “Collection tree protocol,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '09), pp. 1–14, usa, November 2009.
- T. K. Moon and T. Y. Kuc, “An integrated intelligent control architecture for mobile robot navigation within sensor network environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '04), pp. 565–570, October 2004.
- A. J. Briggs, C. Detweiler, D. Scharstein, and A. Vandenberg-Rodes, “Expected shortest paths for landmark-based robot navigation,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 23, no. 7-8, pp. 717–728, 2004.
- Q. Li, M. De Rosa, and D. Rus, “Distributed Algorithms for Guiding Navigation across a Sensor Network,” in Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 313–325, September 2003.
- T. Jiang, Y. Yi, Q. Zhang, and K. Zhang, “Novel navigation algorithm for wireless sensor networks without information of locations,” in Proceedings of the Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM '11), pp. 1–6, 2011.
- S. Li, A. Zhan, X. Wu, P. Yang, and G. Chen, “Efficient emergency rescue navigation with wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 51–64, 2011.
- W. Y. Lee, K. Hur, and D. S. Eom, “Navigation of mobile node in wireless sensor networks without localization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI '08), pp. 1–7, August 2008.
- M. Li, Y. Liu, J. Wang, and Z. Yang, “Sensor network navigation without locations,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '09), pp. 2419–2427, April 2009.
- Y. C. Tseng, M. S. Pan, and Y. Y. Tsai, “Wireless sensor networks for emergency navigation,” Computer, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 55–62, 2006.
- W. Wei and Y. Qi, “Information potential fields navigation in wireless Ad-Hoc sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 4794–4807, 2011.
- I. Stojmenovic, M. Seddigh, and J. Zunic, “Dominating sets and neighbor elimination-based broadcasting algorithms in wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 14–25, 2002.
- J. W. Suurballe and R. E. Tarjan, “A quick method for finding shortest pairs of disjoint paths,” Networks, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 325–336, 1984.
- H. Du, Q. Ye, W. Wu et al., “Constant approximation for virtual backbone construction with Guaranteed Routing Cost in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '11), pp. 1737–1744, April 2011.
- Y. Wang and X. Y. Li, “Geometric spanners for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd IEEE International Conference on Distributed Systems (ICDCS '02), pp. 171–178, July 2002.
- P. J. Wan, K. M. Alzoubi, and O. Frieder, “Distributed construction of connected dominating set in wireless ad hoc networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 141–149, 2004.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “Ad hoc positioning system (APS) using AOA,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '03), pp. 1734–1743, April 2003.
- L. Girod, V. Bychkovskiy, J. Elson, and D. Estrin, “Locating tiny sensors in time and space: a case study,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD '02) VLSI in Copmuters and Processors, pp. 214–219, September 2002.