- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 758789, 15 pages
InContexto: Multisensor Architecture to Obtain People Context from Smartphones
Group of Applied Artificial Intelligence, University Carlos III of Madrid, 28270 Colmenarejo, Spain
Received 15 July 2011; Revised 29 December 2011; Accepted 3 January 2012
Academic Editor: Mo Li
Copyright © 2012 Gonzalo Blázquez Gil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Eagle and A. Pentland, “Reality mining: sensing complex social systems,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 255–268, 2006.
- R. K. Ganti, S. Srinivasan, and A. Gacic, “Multisensor fusion in smartphones for lifestyle monitoring,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Body Sensor Networks (BSN '10), pp. 36–43, June 2010.
- J. Lester, T. Choudhury, and G. Borriello, “A practical approach to recognizing physical activities,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing (PERVASIVE '06), pp. 1–16, May 2006.
- L. Liao, Location-based activity recognition, Ph.D. thesis, 2006.
- R. Poppe, “A survey on vision-based human action recognition,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 976–990, 2010.
- J. Gómez-Romero, M. A. Serrano, M. A. Patricio, J. García, and J. M. Molina, “Context-based scene recognition from visual data in smart homes: an Information Fusion approach,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. In press.
- A. Avci, S. Bosch, M. Marin-Perianu, R. Marin-Perianu, and P. Havinga, “Activity recognition using inertial sensing for healthcare, wellbeing and sports applications: a survey,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Architecture of Computing Systems (ARCS '10), pp. 1–10, 2010.
- L. Bao and S. S. Intille, “Activity recognition from user-annotated acceleration data,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Pervasive Computing (PERVASIVE '04), pp. 1–17, Vienna, Austria, April 2004.
- M. Marin-Perianu, N. Meratnia, P. Havinga et al., “Decentralized enterprise systems: a multiplatform wireless sensor network approach,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 57–65, 2007.
- E. Miluzzo, N. Lane, K. Fodor, et al., “Sensing meets mobile social networks: the design, implementation and evaluation of the cenceme application,” in Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems, pp. 337–350, 2008.
- D. L. Hall and J. Llinas, “An introduction to multisensor data fusion,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 6–23, 1997.
- J. Llinas, “Revisiting the jdl data fusion model ii,” Tech. Rep., DTIC Document, 2004.
- P. Barralon, N. Noury, and N. Vuillerme, “Classification of daily physical activities from a single kinematic sensor,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE-EMBS '05), pp. 2447–2450, September 2005.
- J. Garcia, J. Molina, A. Berlanga, and G. de Miguel, “Data fusion alternatives for the integration of millimetre radar in airport surveillance systems,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Radar Conference, pp. 796–801, 2005.
- M. Markin, C. Harris, M. Bernhardt, et al., Technology foresight on data fusion and data processing, Publication of The Royal Aeronautical Society, 1997.
- N. D. Lane, E. Miluzzo, H. Lu, D. Peebles, T. Choudhury, and A. T. Campbell, “A survey of mobile phone sensing,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 140–150, 2010.
- J. Chon and H. Cha, “LifeMap: a smartphone-based context provider for location-based services,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 58–67, 2011.
- B. N. Schilit and M. M. Theimer, “Disseminating active map information to mobile hosts,” IEEE Network, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 22–32, 1994.
- A. Schmidt, K. Aidoo, A. Takaluoma, U. Tuomela, K. Van Laerhoven, and W. Van de Velde, “Advanced interaction in context,” in HandHeld and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 89–101, Springer, 1999.
- A. Dey and G. Abowd, “Towards a better understanding of context and context-awareness,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on the What, Who, Where, When, and How of Context-Awareness (CHI '00), vol. 4, pp. 1–6, 2000.
- A. Schmidt, M. Beigl, and H. W. Gellersen, “There is more to context than location,” Computers and Graphics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 893–901, 1999.
- W. W. W. C. Editors, “Geolocation API specification @ONLINE,” February 2010.
- R. DeVaul and S. Dunn, “Real-time motion classification for wearable computing applications,” 2001.
- F. van Diggelen, A-GPS: Assisted GPS, GNSS, and SBAS, Artech House, 2009.
- D. M. Boyd and N. B. Ellison, “Social network sites: definition, history, and scholarship,” Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 210–230, 2007.
- M. Henriksen, H. Lund, R. Moe-Nilssen, H. Bliddal, and B. Danneskiod-Samsøe, “Test-retest reliability of trunk accelerometric gait analysis,” Gait and Posture, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 288–297, 2004.
- M. N. Ko, G. P. Cheek, M. Shehab, and R. Sandhu, “Social-networks connect services,” Computer, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 37–43, 2010.
- D. Recordon and D. Reed, “OpenID 2.0: a platform for user-centric identity management,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Digital Identity Management (DIM ;06), pp. 11–16, November 2006.
- P. Barralon, N. Vuillerme, and N. Noury, “Walk detection with a kinematic sensor: Frequency and wavelet comparison,” in Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '06), pp. 1711–1714, August 2006.
- N. Ravi, N. Dandekar, P. Mysore, and M. L. Littman, “Activity recognition from accelerometer data,” in Proceedings of the 20th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 3, pp. 1541–1546, July 2005.
- J. Y. Yang, J. S. Wang, and Y. P. Chen, “Using acceleration measurements for activity recognition: an effective learning algorithm for constructing neural classifiers,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 29, no. 16, pp. 2213–2220, 2008.
- W. W. W. C. Editors, “Web services description language 1.1 @ONLINE,” Mar 2001.