- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 763187, 12 pages
Secure Neighbor Discovery in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Range-Free Localization Techniques
Departmento de Señales, Sistemas y Radiocomunicaciones, ETSI de Telecomunicación, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Avenida Complutense 30, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Received 14 July 2012; Revised 27 September 2012; Accepted 27 September 2012
Academic Editor: An Liu
Copyright © 2012 Mariano García-Otero and Adrián Población-Hernández. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Du and H. H. Chen, “Security in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 60–66, 2008.
- P. Papadimitratos, M. Poturalski, P. Schaller et al., “Secure neighborhood discovery: a fundamental element for mobile ad hoc networking,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 132–139, 2008.
- Y. C. Hu and A. Perrig, “Wormhole attacks in wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 370–379, 2006.
- C. Liu, K. Wu, and T. He, “Sensor localization with ring overlapping based on comparison of received signal strength indicator,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems, pp. 516–518, October 2004.
- R. Maheshwari, J. Gao, and S. R. Das, “Detecting wormhole attacks in wireless networks using connectivity information,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '07), pp. 107–115, May 2007.
- T. Giannetsos, T. Dimitriou, and N. R. Prasad, “State of the art on defenses against wormhole attacks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Wireless Communication, Vehicular Technology, Information Theory and Aerospace and Electronic Systems Technology (Wireless VITAE '09), pp. 313–318, May 2009.
- W. Wang and B. Bhargava, “Visualization of wormholes in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe '04), pp. 51–60, October 2004.
- Y. Zhang, W. Liu, W. Lou, and Y. Fang, “Location-based compromise-tolerant security mechanisms for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 247–260, 2006.
- J. Wu, H. Chen, W. Lou, Z. Wang, and Z. Waang, “Label-based DV-Hop localization againstwormhole attacks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS '10), pp. 79–88, July 2010.
- L. Lazos, R. Poovendran, and S. Čapkun, “ROPE: Robust position estimation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '05), pp. 324–331, April 2005.
- S. Čapkun, “Secure positioning in wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 221–232, 2006.
- L. Lazos and R. Poovendran, “SeRLoc: secure range-independent localization for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2004 ACM Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe '04), pp. 21–30, October 2004.
- L. Lazos and R. Poovendran, “HiRLoc: high-resolution robust localization for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 233–246, 2006.
- Y. Niu, D. Gao, S. Gao, and P. Chen, “A robust localization in wireless sensor networks against wormhole attack,” Journal of Networks, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 187–194, 2012.
- R. Stoleru, H. Wu, and H. Chenji, “Secure neighbor discovery and wormhole localization in mobile ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1179–1190, 2012.
- N. Patwari, A. O. Hero, M. Perkins, N. S. Correal, and R. J. O'Dea, “Relative location estimation in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 2137–2148, 2003.
- F. Gustafsson and F. Gunnarsson, “Mobile positioning using wireless networks: possibilities and fundamental limitations based on available wireless network measurements,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 41–53, 2005.
- T. He, C. Huang, B. M. Blum, J. A. Stankovic, and T. Abdelzaher, “Range-free localization and its impact on large scale sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 877–906, 2005.
- K. Wu, C. Liu, J. Pan, and D. Huang, “Robust range-free localization in wireless sensor networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 12, no. 5-6, pp. 392–405, 2007.
- M. García-Otero, T. Zahariadis, F. Álvarez et al., “Secure geographic routing in ad hoc and wireless sensor networks,” Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2010, Article ID 975607, pp. 1–12, 2010.
- A. H. Sayed, A. Tarighat, and N. Khajehnouri, “Network-based wireless location: Challenges faced in developing techniques for accurate wireless location information,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 24–40, 2005.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications, Principles and Practice, Prentice Hall, 2nd edition, 2002.
- S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Volume II: Detection Theory, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- P. Tarrío, A. M. Bernardos, J. A. Besada, and J. R. Casar, “A new positioning technique for RSS-based localization based on a weighted least squares estimator,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS '08), pp. 633–637, October 2008.
- L. Lin and H. C. So, “Best linear unbiased estimator algorithm for received signal strength based localization,” in Proceedings of the 19th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO '11), pp. 1989–1993, August 2011.
- M. Kendall and A. Stuart, The Advanced Theory of Statistics, vol. 2, Charles Griffin, 1979.