- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 804394, 18 pages
Integrated Optical Fiber Sensing System by Combing Large-Scale Distributed BOTDA/R and Localized FBGs
School of Civil Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 5 July 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Gangbing Song
Copyright © 2012 Zhi Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Li, Y. Q. Bao, and J. P. Ou, “Structural damage identification based on integration of information fusion and shannon entropy,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1427–1440, 2008.
- J. Ou and H. Li, “Structural health monitoring in mainland china: review and future trends,” Structural Health Monitoring, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 219–231, 2010.
- F. Marazzi, P. Tagliabue, and F. M. Corbani, “Traditional versus innovative structural health monitoring of monumental structures: a case study,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 430–449, 2011.
- H. Li, J. Ou, X. Zhao et al., “Structural health monitoring system for the Shandong Binzhou Yellow River Highway Bridge,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 306–317, 2006.
- Y. Q. Ni, Y. Xia, W. Y. Liao, and J. M. Ko, “Technology innovation in developing the structural health monitoring system for Guangzhou New TV Tower,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 73–98, 2009.
- T. H. T. Chan, L. Yu, H. Y. Tam et al., “Fiber Bragg grating sensors for structural health monitoring of Tsing Ma bridge: background and experimental observation,” Engineering Structures, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 648–659, 2006.
- I. Talebinejad, C. Fischer, and F. Ansari, “Low frequency fiber optic accelerometer for civil structural health monitoring,” in Nondestructive Characterization for Composite Materials, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, and Homeland Security, vol. 7294 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–13, March 2009.
- A. Hongo, S. Kojima, and S. Komatsuzaki, “Applications of fiber Bragg grating sensors and high-speed interrogation techniques,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 12, no. 3-4, pp. 269–282, 2005.
- H. N. Li, D. S. Li, and G. B. Song, “Recent applications of fiber optic sensors to health monitoring in civil engineering,” Engineering Structures, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1647–1657, 2004.
- Z. Zhang, Z. Zhou, C. Wang, and J. Ou, “Long-term monitoring FBG-based cable load sensor,” in Smart Structures and Materials: Smart Sensor Monitoring Systems and Applications, vol. 6167 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–7, March 2006.
- S. W. Lu and H. Q. Xie, “Strengthen and real-time monitoring of RC beam using “intelligent” CFRP with embedded FBG sensors,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1839–1845, 2007.
- T. A. Berkoff and A. D. Kersey, “Experimental demonstration of a fiber bragg grating accelerometer,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 1677–1679, 1996.
- H. Li, J. Ou, and Z. Zhou, “Applications of optical fibre Bragg gratings sensing technology-based smart stay cables,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1077–1084, 2009.
- S. C. M. Ho, H. Razavi, A. Nazeri, and G. B. Song, “FBG sensor for contact level monitoring and prediction of perforation in cardiac ablation,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1002–1013, 2012.
- W. Chung and D. Kang, “Full-scale test of a concrete box girder using FBG sensing system,” Engineering Structures, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 643–652, 2008.
- L. Li, X. L. Tong, C. M. Zhou, et al., “WenIntegration of miniature Fabry-Perot fiber optic sensor with FBG for the measurement of temperature and strain,” Optics Communications, vol. 284, no. 16, pp. 1612–1615, 2011.
- T. Horiguchi, T. Kurashima, and M. Tateda, “Tensile strain dependence of Brillouin frequency shift in silica optical fibers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 107–108, 1989.
- D. Culverhouse, F. Farahi, C. N. Pannell, and D. A. Jackson, “Potential of stimulated Brillouin scattering as sensing mechanism for distributed temperature sensors,” Electronics Letters, vol. 25, no. 14, pp. 913–915, 1989.
- X. Bao, C. Huang, X. Zeng, A. Arcand, and P. Sullivan, “Simultaneous strain and temperature monitoring of the composite cure with a Brillouin-scattering-based distributed sensor,” Optical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 1496–1501, 2002.
- Z. Wu, B. Xu, K. Hayashi, and A. Machida, “Distributed optic fiber sensing for a full-scale PC girder strengthened with prestressed PBO sheets,” Engineering Structures, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1049–1059, 2006.
- Z. Zhou, J. P. He, and K. Yan, “Fiber-reinforced polymer-packaged optical fiber sensors based on Brillouin optical time-domain analysis,” Optical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2008.
- W. Zhang, J. Q. Gao, B. Shi, H. Cui, and H. Zhu, “Health monitoring of rehabilitated concrete bridges using distributed optical fiber sensing,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 411–424, 2006.
- F. Bastianini, A. Rizzo, N. Galati, U. Deza, and A. Nanni, “Discontinuous Brillouin strain monitoring of small concrete bridges: comparison between near-to-surface and “smart” FRP fiber installation techniques,” in Smart Structures and Materials. Sensors and Smart Structures Technologies for Civil, Mechanical, and Aerospace Systems, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 612–623, March 2005.
- M. A. Davis and A. D. Kersey, “Separating the temperature and strain effects on fiber Bragg grating sensors using stimulated Brillouin scattering,” IEE Proceedings. Optoelectronics, vol. 144, no. 3, pp. 151–155, 1997.
- D. H. Liu, Study on super-long distance distributed optical fiber sensing technology and its application [Doctoral dissertation], College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, 2005.
- M. G. Xu, L. Dong, and L. Reekie, “Temperature-independent strain sensor using a chirped Bragg grating in a tapered optical fiber,” Electronics Letters, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 823–825, 1995.
- B. O. Guan, H. Y. Tam, S. L. Ho, W. H. Chung, and X. Y. Dong, “Simultaneous strain and temperature measurement using a single fibre Bragg grating,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1018–1019, 2000.
- J. Gao, B. Shi, W. Zhang, and H. Zhu, “Monitoring the stress of the post-tensioning cable using fiber optic distributed strain sensor,” Measurement, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 420–428, 2006.
- H. Jianping, Z. Zhi, C. Genda, and O. Jinping, “Measurement accuracy improvement of brillouin signal using wavelet denoising method,” in Smart Sensor Phenomena, Technology, Networks, and Systems, vol. 7293 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–7, March 2009.
- Y. Y. Wang, Y. H. Yang, M. W. Yang, et al., “Wavelet transform de-noising technology for distributed optical fiber sensor,” in Proceedings of the, vol. 7853 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–6, 2010.