- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 818054, 6 pages
Security Issues in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
1Grupo de Análisis, Seguridad y Sistemas (GASS), Departamento de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial (DISIA), Facultad de Informática, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), Despacho 431, Calle Profesor José García Santesmases s/n, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
2Grupo de Análisis, Seguridad y Sistemas (GASS), Sección Departamental de Sistemas Informáticos y Computación, Lenguajes y Sistemas Informáticos y Ciencias de la Computación e Inteligencia Artificial-Facultad de Ciencias Matemáticas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), Despacho 310-F, Plaza de Ciencias, 3, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
3Grupo de Redes de Computadores e Ingeniería de Software (GRECIS), Departamento de Ingeniería de Sistemas, Universidad del Norte, Km 5 Autopista a Puerto Colombia, Barranquilla, Colombia
4School of Information Science, GVSA and UTAS, 20 Virginia Court, Sandy Bay, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 6 October 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 A. L. Sandoval Orozco et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Clausen and P. Jacquet, “Optimized Link State Routing Protocol (OLSR),” RFC 3626, Internet Engineering Task Force, 2003.
- D. Jonson, Y. Hu, and D. Maltz, “The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol (DSR) for mobile Ad Hoc networks for IPv4,” RFC 4728, Internet Engineering Task Force, 2007.
- C. E. Perkins, E. M. Belding-Royer, and S. Das, “Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing,” RFC 3561, Internet Engineering Task Force, 2003.
- R. Ogier, F. Templin, and M. Lewis, “Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF),” RFC 3684, Internet Engineering Task Force, 2004.
- Y.-C. Hu, D. B. Johnson, and A. Perrig, “SEAD: secure efficient distance vector routing for mobile wireless ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 175–192, 2003.
- S. Gupte and M. Singhal, “Secure routing in mobile wireless ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 151–174, 2003.
- H. Deng, W. Li, and D. P. Agrawal, “Routing security in wireless ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 70–75, 2002.
- L. J. García Villalba, J. García Matesanz, D. Rupérez Cañas, and A. L. García Matesanz, “Secure extension to the optimised link state routing protocol,” IET Information Security, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 163–169, 2011.
- L. J. García Villalba, J. García Matesanz, A. L. S. Orozco, and J. D. Márquez Díaz, “Auto-configuration protocols in mobile ad hoc networks,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3652–3666, 2011.
- L. J. García Villalba, J. García Matesanz, A. L. García Matesanz, and J. D. Márquez Díaz, “Distributed Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (D2HCP),” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 4438–4461, 2011.
- P. Wang, D. S. Reeves, and P. Ning, “Secure address auto-configuration for mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems-Networking and Services (MobiQuitous '05), pp. 519–521, July 2005.
- F. Buiati, R. Puttini, R. de Sousa Jr., C. J. Barenco Abbas, and L. J. García Villalba, “Authentication and autoconfiguration for MANET nodes,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC '04), pp. 41–52, 2004.
- A. Abdelmalek, M. Feham, and A. Taleb-Ahmed, “On Recent Security Enhancements to Autoconfiguration Protocols for MANETs Real threats and requirements,” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 401–407, 2009.
- A. Misra, S. Das, A. McAuley, and S. K. Das, “Autoconfiguration, registration, and mobility management for pervasive computing,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 24–31, 2001.
- M. Mohsin and R. Prakash, “IP address assignment in a mobile ad hoc network,” in Proceedings of the Global Information GRID—Enabling Transformation through 21st Century Communications (MILCOM '02), pp. 856–861, Anaheim, Calif, USA, October 2002.
- R. S. Puttini, J. Marc Percher, L. M. Mé et al., “A Modular Architecture for Distributed IDS in MANET,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications: Part III, pp. 91–113, Montreal, Canada, May 2003.
- A. Cavalli and J.-M. Orset, “Secure hosts auto-configuration in mobile Ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, pp. 809–814, Hachioji, Tokyo, March 2004.
- S. Hu and C. Mitchell, “Improving IP address autoconfiguration security in manets using trust modelling,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks, vol. 3794 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pp. 83–92, Wuhan, China, December 2005.
- C. Huang, H. P. Hu, and Z. Wang, “Modeling time-related trust,” in Proceedings of the Grid and Cooperative Computing Workshops, vol. 3252 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pp. 382–389, October 2004.
- A. A. Pirzada and C. McDonald, “Establishing trust in pure Ad-Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th Australasian Conference on Computer Science, pp. 47–54, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2004.
- M. Taghiloo, M. Dehghan, J. Taghiloo, and M. Fazio, “New approach for address auto-configuration in MANET based on virtual address space mapping (VASM),” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications (ICTTA '08), pp. 1–6, Damascus, Syria, April 2008.
- M. Tajamolian, M. Taghiloo, and M. Tajamolian, “Lightweight secure IP address auto-configuration based on VASM,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA '09), pp. 176–180, May 2009.
- H. Zhou, M. W. Mutak, and L. M. Ni, “Secure autoconfiguration and public-key distribution for mobile ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 6th International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '09), pp. 256–263, Macau, China, October 2009.