- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 820716, 13 pages
A Wireless Sensor Network for Precise Volatile Organic Compound Monitoring
1University of Florence and The MIDRA Consortium, 50139 Florence, Italy
2Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Department, Eni S.p.A., 00144 Rome, Italy
3Netsens s.r.l, Sesto Fiorentino, 50019 Florence, Italy
Received 24 November 2011; Accepted 8 February 2012
Academic Editor: Carlos Ramos
Copyright © 2012 Gianfranco Manes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Manes, R. Fusco, L. Gelpi, A. Manes, D. Di Palma, and G. Collodi, Real-Time Monitoring of Volatile Organic Compounds in Hazardous Sites, chapter 14, Intech Book, Environmental Monitoring, 2011.
- W. Tsujita, H. Ishida, and T. Moriizumi, “Dynamic gas sensor network for air pollution monitoring and its auto-calibration,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sensors, vol. 1, pp. 56–59, October 2004.
- F. Tsow, E. Forzani, A. Rai, et al., “A wearable and wireless sensor system for real-time monitoring of toxic environmental volatile organic compounds in,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 1734–1740, 2009.
- S. Choi, N. Kim, H. Cha, and R. Ha, “Micro sensor node for air pollutant monitoring: hardware and software issues,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 7970–7987, 2009.
- R. Szewczyk, A. Mainwaring, J. Polastre, J. Anderson, and D. Culler, “An analysis of a large scale habitat monitoring application,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 214–226, November 2004.
- R. Adler, P. Buonadonna, J. Chabra, et al., Design and Deployment of Industrial Sensor Networks: Experiences from the North Sea and a Semiconductor Plant in ACM SenSys, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2005.
- MiniPID User Manual V1.8, IonScience Ltd, 2000.
- J. Jeong, D. E. Culler, and J. H. Oh, “Empirical analysis of transmission power control algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '07), pp. 27–34, IEEE Press, June 2007.
- G. Manes, R. Fantacci, F. Chiti, et al., “Energy efficient MAC protocols for wireless sensor networks endowed with directive antennas: a cross-layer solution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, pp. 239–242, Orlando, Fla, USA, January 2009.
- J. G. W. Price, D. C. Fenimore, P. G. Simmonds, and A. Zlatkis, “Design and operation of a photoionization detector for gas chromatography,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 541–547, 1968.
- D. C. Locke and C. E. Meloan, “Study of the photoionization detector for gas chromatography,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 389–395, 1965.
- G. F. Manes, unpublished results.
- Alphasense Ltd., Technical specifications; Doc. Ref. PID-AH/MAR11.