- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 826702, 17 pages
Exploiting the Burstiness of Intermediate-Quality Wireless Links
1Communication and Distributed Systems (ComSys), Informatik 4, RWTH Aachen University, Ahornstraße 55,
52074 Aachen, Germany
2School of Electrical Engineering, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
Received 8 September 2011; Revised 16 December 2011; Accepted 19 December 2011
Academic Editor: George P. Efthymoglou
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad Hamad Alizai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Becher, O. Landsiedel, G. Kunz, and K. Wehrle, “Towards short-term link quality estimation,” in Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (HotEmNets '08), Association for Computing Machinery, Chalottesville, USA, 2008.
- R. Fonseca, O. Gnawal, K. Jamieson, and P. Levis, “Four-bit wireless link estimation,” in Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets '07), 2007.
- A. Woo, T. Tong, and D. Culler, “Taming the underlying challenges of reliable multihop routing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), 2003.
- O. Gnawali, R. Fonseca, K. Jamieson, D. Moss, and P. Levis, “Collection tree protocol,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '09), pp. 1–14, 2009.
- D. Aguayo, J. Bicket, S. Biswas, G. Judd, and R. Morris, “Link-level measurements from an 802.11b mesh network,” in Proceedings of the Computer Communication Review (SIGCOMM '04), vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 121–132, 2004.
- K. Srinivasan, P. Dutta, A. Tavakoli, and P. Levis, “Some implications of low power wireless to ip networking,” in Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets '06), 2006.
- K. Srinivasan, M. A. Kazandjieva, S. Agarwal, and P. Levis, “The β-factor: measuring wireless link burstiness,” in Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor System (SenSys '08), 2008.
- C. Jiao, L. Schwiebert , and B. Xu, “On modeling the packet error statistics in bursty channels,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN '02), 2002.
- H. Lee, A. Cerpa, and P. Levis, “Improving wireless simulation through noise modeling,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '07), pp. 21–30, Association for Computing Machinery, 2007.
- R. Fonseca, S. Ratnasamy, J. Zhao, et al., “Beacon vector routing: scalable point-to-point routing in wireless sensornets,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI '05), vol. 2, pp. 329–342, USENIX, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2005.
- D. S. J. de Couto, D. Aguayo, J. Bicket, and R. Morris, “A high-throughput path metric for multi-hop wireless routing,” Wireless Networks, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 419–434, 2005.
- S. Biswas and R. Morris, “Exor: opportunistic multi-hop routing for wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the Computer Communication Review (SIGCOMM '05), vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 133–144, Association for Computing Machinery, 2005.
- SING DATASETS. Stanford Information Networking Group.
- K. Srinivasan, M. Jain, J. I. Choi et al., “The κ-factor: inferring protocol performance using inter-link reception correlation,” in Proceedings of the 16th Annual Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '10), pp. 317–328, 2010.
- M. Wachs, J. I. Choi, J. W. Lee et al., “Visibility: a new metric for protocol design,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '07), pp. 73–86, Association for Computing Machinery, 2007.
- G. Wittenburg, K. Terfloth, F. L. Villafuerte, T. Naumowicz, H. Ritter, and J. H. Schiller, “Fence monitoring—experimental evaluation of a use case for wireless sensor networks,” Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '07), 2007.
- M. Welsh, G. W. Allen, K. Lorincz, et al., “Sensor networks for high-resolution monitoring of volcanic activity,” in Proceedings of the 20th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '05), 2005.
- T. He, S. Krishnamurthy, J. A. Stankovic et al., “Energy-efficient surveillance system using wireless sensor networks,” Proceedings of the 2nd international Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services(MobiSys '04), pp. 270–283, 2004.
- K. Lorincz and M. Welsh, “Motetrack: a robust, decentralized approach to RF-based location tracking,” in Springer Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Special Issue on Location and Context-Awareness, 2006.
- C. Sharp, S. Schaffert, A. Woo et al., “Design and implementation of a sensor network system for vehicle tracking and autonomous interception,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '05), vol. 2005, pp. 93–107, 2005.
- D. Gay, P. Levis, R. von Behren, M. Welsh, E. Brewer, and D. Culler, “The nesc language: a holistic approach to networked embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '03), pp. 1–11, 2003.
- J. Polastre, R. Szewczyk, and D. Culler, “Telos: enabling ultra-low power wireless research,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '05), 2005.
- K. Langendoen, “Apples, oranges, and testbeds,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Sysetems (MASS '06), pp. 387–396, 2006.