- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 830371, 12 pages
Challenges for Coexistence of Machine to Machine and Human to Human Applications in Mobile Network: Concept of Smart Mobility Management
1Engineering Expert (Roaming and Signalling), Belgacom International Carrier Services, Rue Lebeau 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
2Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Rome Tor Vergata, via del Politecnico 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
3CTIF, Aalborg University, Niels Jernes Vej 12, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Received 23 April 2012; Revised 9 August 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: Jianhua He
Copyright © 2012 Rajarshi Sanyal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- EXALTED: Expanding LTE for Devices:FP7 Contract Number: 258512. European Commission Information Society and media.
- R. Gunasekaran, V. R. Uthariaraj, R. Rajesh, S. Kaarthikeyan, and S. Aravind, “Priority scheduling in mobile ad hoc networks with improved bandwidth utilization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE '08), pp. 1955–1958, May 2008.
- T. Arora, P. Singh, and S. S. Kang, “Performance evaluation and improving bandwidth ulilization of AODV protocol by finding hidden terminals in wireless networks,” International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications, vol. 2, no. 6, 2011.
- T. Gowri, K. Raja, and G. T. Arasu, “Improving the bandwidth utilization by recycling the unused bandwidth in IEEE 802. 16 networks,” International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 623–631, 2012.
- P. Omiyi, H. Haas, and G. Auer, “Analysis of intercellular timeslot allocation in self-organising wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the17th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '06), September 2006.
- M.-C. Chang and B.-H. Liao, “Improving bandwidth utilization of NG-SDH by dynamic bandwidth management,” in Proceedings of the 13th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS '11), 2011.
- D. G. Jeong and W. S. Jeon, “Time slot allocation in CDMA/TDD systems for mobile multimedia services,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 59–61, 2000.
- A. Kumar, Y. Liu, J. Sengupta, and Divya, “Evolution of mobile wireless communication networks: 1G to 4G,” The International Journal on Electronics & Communication Technology, vol. 1, no. 1, 2010.
- 3GPP 23. 228 Architecture and main flows for a IMS system.
- 3GPP TS 24. 301: Non-Access-Stratum (NAS) protocol for Evolved Packet System (EPS), Stage 3.
- V. Simon, Mobility management algorithms for reducing signaling overhead in next generation mobile networks [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Telecommunications Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2008.
- F. Paint, P. Engelstad, E. Vanem et al., “Mobility aspects in 4G Networks- White Paper”.
- C. Castelluccia, “A Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Proposal. Theme 1ߞReseaux et systemes,” Rapport Technique 0226, Projet SIRAC.
- 3GPP TS 36. 104 V8.4.0 (2008-12) Base Station Radio Transmission and Reception.
- 3GPP TS 36. 331 V8.4.0 (2008-12) Radio Resource Control (RRC) Protocol Specification.
- 3GPP TS 36. 211 V8. 5. 0 (2008-12) Physical Channels and Modulation.
- Network Improvements for Machine Type Communications (NIMTC), Triggered by Rel-8 UID_7027 Study on Facilitating Machine to Machine Communication in GSM and UMTS (FS_M2M) TR 22. 868, created 2008-09-15, last updated 2011-02-28.
- System Improvements to Machine-Type Communications (SIMTC), Enhancements to Rel-10 Feature UID_410031 (NIMTC) based on Rel-11 Study on enhancements to MTC, created 2010-05-28, last updated 2011-02-28.
- G.-Y. Lin, H.-Y. Wei, Y.-S. Chen, and C.-C. Hsu, “Enhanced RACH design for machine-type communications,” US Patent application 20120033613, August 2011.
- F. Yu and V. Leung, “Mobility-based predictive call admission control and bandwidth reservation in wireless cellular networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 577–589, 2002.
- S. Choi and K. G. Shin, “Predictive and adaptive bandwidth reservation for hand-offs in qos-sensitive cellular networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communication (SIGCOMM '98), vol. 28, pp. 155–166, October 1998.
- G. Cao, “Integrating distributed channel allocation and adaptive handoff management for QoS-sensitive cellular networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 131–142, 2003.
- K.-R. Jung, A. Park, and S. Lee, “Machine-type-communication (mtc) device grouping algorithm for congestion avoidance of mtc oriented lte network,” in Security-Enriched Urban Computing and Smart Grid, T.-H. Kim, A. Stoica, and R.-S. Chang, Eds., vol. 78 of Communications in Computer and Information Science, pp. 167–178, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- R. Sanyal, E. Cianca, and R. Prasad, “Rendering intelligence at physical layer for smart addressing and multiple access,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Networks, Menuires, France, 2010, http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.
- R. Sanyal, E. Cianca, and R. Prasad, “Beyond LTE: next generation multiple access technology with intelligent lower layers,” in Proceedings of the World Congress Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing and International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN '11), Las Vegas, Nev, USA, 2011, http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/.
- S. Rajarshi, E. Cianca, and R. Prasad, “Smart Mobile Networks with intelligent physical layer actuating Mobility Management,” International Journal of Mobile Network Design and Innovation, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 91–108, 2012.
- S. M. Razavi, “Tracking area planning in cellular networks- optimization and performance evaluation linkoping studies in science and technology,” Licentiate Thesis 1473.
- 3GPP TS 36. 331 V8.5.0 (2009-03) Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) Radio Resource Control (RRC) Protocol specification.