- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 840983, 7 pages
An Energy-Efficient Distributed Algorithm for Virtual Backbone Construction with Cellular Structure in WSN
School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, No. 2006, Xiyuan Avenue, Chengdu 611731, China
Received 22 July 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: Lei Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Jun Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee, and D. Ghosal, “Wireless sensor network survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2292–2330, 2008.
- J. Lee and B. Mans, “Energy-efficient virtual backbones for reception-aware MANET,” in Proceedings of the 63rd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1097–1101, IEEE Press, Melbourne, Australia, July 2006.
- M. Cardei and D. Z. Du, “Improving wireless sensor network lifetime through power aware organization,” Wireless Networks, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 333–340, 2005.
- V. Paruchuri, A. Durresi, M. Durresi, and L. Barolli, “Routing through backbone structures in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems Workshops (ICPADS '05), pp. 397–401, July 2005.
- W. Y. Wang, Y. Xiang, C. K. Dong, T. Yang, and Y. Tang, “Optimizing distributed algorithm for minimum connected dominating set with Markov model,” Acta Electronica Sinica, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 2441–2446, 2010.
- W. Wang, J. Zhang, Y. Tang, Y. Xiang, and T. Yang, “Leveraging 1-hop neighborhood knowledge for connected dominating set in wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Computers, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2012.
- A. Durresi and V. Paruchuri, “Adaptive backbone protocol for heterogeneous wireless networks,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 38, no. 3-4, pp. 83–97, 2008.
- R. Kershner, “The number of circles covering a set,” The American Journal of Mathematics, vol. 61, pp. 665–671, 1939.
- Y. Xiang, X. Liu, Y. Tang, J. Xiao, and J. Zhang, “A distributed algorithm for virtual backbone construction with cellular structure in WSNs,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 831427, 7 pages, 2012.
- T. R. Park, T. H. Kim, J. Y. Choi, S. Choi, and W. H. Kwon, “Throughput and energy consumption analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA,” Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 18, pp. 1017–1019, 2005.
- C. F. Chiasserini and M. Garetto, “Modeling the performance of wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 220–231, Hong Kong, China, 2004.
- J. Misic, S. Shafi, and V. B. Misic, “Maintaining reliability through activity management in 802. 15. 4 sensor networks,” in Proceedings of Qshine, pp. 416–425, Orlando, Fla, USA, August 2005.
- X. M. Yao, W. Y. Wang, and Y. Xiang, “An IPv6 wireless sensor network node-TaraxNode,” in Proceedings of the WRI International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 2, pp. 9–14, IEEE Press, Kunming, China, 2009.