- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 861704, 11 pages
Energy-Model-Based Optimal Communication Systems Design for Wireless Sensor Networks
The Key Lab for Health Informatics of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen 518055, China
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 22 September 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editor: George P. Efthymoglou
Copyright © 2012 Ye Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Wang, Y. Ren, J. Zhao, Z. Guo, and R. Yao, “Energy efficient transmission protocol for UWB WPAN,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 60th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '04), pp. 5292–5296, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, September 2004.
- Z. Zhou, S. Zhou, S. Cui, and J. H. Cui, “Energy-efficient cooperative communication in a clustered wireless sensor network,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 3618–3628, 2008.
- Z. Zhou, S. Zhou, J. H. Cui, and S. Cui, “Energy-efficient cooperative communication based on power control and selective single-relay in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 3066–3079, 2008.
- S. Gao, L. Qian, D. R. Vaman, and Q. Qu, “Energy efficient adaptive modulation in wireless cognitive radio sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 3980–3986, Scotland, UK, June 2007.
- Z. Yang, Y. Yuan, and J. He, “Energy aware data gathering based on adaptive modulation scaling in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 60th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '04), pp. 2794–2798, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, September 2004.
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, and A. Bahai, “Modulation optimization under energy constraints,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC '03), pp. 2805–2811, King of Prussia, Pa, USA, May 2003.
- T. Wang, W. Heinzelman, and A. Seyedi, “Minimization of transceiver energy consumption in wireless sensor networks with AWGN channels,” in Proceedings of the 46th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 62–66, Monticello, Ill, USA, September 2008.
- N. Uppu, B. V. S. S. Subrahmanyam, and R. Garimella, “Energy efficient routing technique for ad-hoc sensor networks [EERT],” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium (SAS '08), pp. 228–232, Atlanta, Ga, USA, February 2008.
- D. Li, X. Jia, and H. Liu, “Energy efficient broadcast routing in static ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 144–151, 2004.
- S. Mahfoudh and P. Minet, “An energy efficient routing based on OLSR in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops/Symposia (AINA '08), pp. 1253–1259, Ginowan, Japan, March 2008.
- K. Lahiri, A. Raghunathan, and S. Dey, “Communication-based power management,” IEEE Design and Test of Computers, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 118–130, 2002.
- S. Cui, R. Madan, A. J. Goldsmith, and S. Lall, “Cross-layer energy and delay optimization in small-scale sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3688–3699, 2007.
- M. Srivatsava, “Power-aware communication systems,” in Power-Aware Design Methodologies, M. Rabaey, Ed., chapter 11, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, Mass, USA, 2002.
- A. Y. Wang, Seong Hwan Cho, C. G. Sodini, and A. P. Chandrakasan, “Energy efficient modulation and MAC for asymmetric RF microsensor systems,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Low Electronics and Design (ISLPED '01), pp. 106–111, Huntington Beach, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- C. Schurgers, O. Aberthorne, and M. B. Srivastava, “Modulation scaling for energy aware communication systems,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED '01), pp. 96–99, Huntington Beach, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- Y. Li, B. Bakkaloglu, and C. Chakrabarti, “A system level energy model and energy-quality evaluation for integrated transceiver front-ends,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 90–102, 2007.
- Y. Li, M. Reisslein, and C. Chakrabarti, “Energy-efficient video transmission over a wireless link,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 1229–1244, 2009.
- “CC2500 Cost Low-Power 2. 4 GHz RF Transceiver, (Rev.C),” Datasheet from TI’s website.
- B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1998.
- D. C. Daly and A. P. Chandrakasan, “An energy-efficient OOK transceiver for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1003–1010, 2007.
- A. Y. Wang and C. G. Sodini, “On the energy efficiency of wireless transceiver,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC '06), pp. 3783–3787, 2006.
- D. A. Bryan, “QAM for terrestrial and cable transmission,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 383–391, 1995.
- K. H. Huang and C. K. Wang, “A cost effective binary FSK demodulator for low-IF radios,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems, and Applications, pp. 133–136, April 2001.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice, Pearson Education Asia Limited and Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2nd edition, 2004.
- G. Hanington, P. F. Chen, P. M. Asbeck, and L. E. Larson, “High-efficiency power amplifier using dynamic power-supply voltage for CDMA applications,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1471–1476, 1999.
- C. Fan, P. Zhang, B. Xu, and C. Wu, Principles of Communications, Publishing House of National Defense Inustry, 5th edition, 2001.
- J. Y. Hasani and M. Kamarei, “Analysis and optimum design of a class E RF power amplifier,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1759–1768, 2008.