- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 863545, 16 pages
A Very Fast Decision Tree Algorithm for Real-Time Data Mining of Imperfect Data Streams in a Distributed Wireless Sensor Network
1Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau
2Department of Electronic Engineering, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100022, China
3School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Received 6 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Hang Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Subramaniam, T. Palpanas, D. Papadopoulos, V. Kalogeraki, and D. Gunopulos, “Online outlier detection in sensor data using non-parametric models,” in Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '06), pp. 187–198, Seoul, Korea, September 2006.
- B. Lantow, “Impact of wireless sensor network data on business data processing,” in Proceedings of the Forum Poster Session in Conjunction with Business Informatics Research (BIR '05), Skövde, Sweden, 2005.
- M. Bahrepour, N. Meratnia, Z. Taghikhaki, and P. Havinga, “Sensor fusion-based activity recognition for Parkinson patients,” in Sensor Fusion—Foundation and Applications, pp. 171–191, InTech.
- K. P. Lam, M. Höynck, B. Dong et al., “Occupancy detection through an extensive environmental sensor network in an open-plan office building,” in Proceedings of the 11th International IBPSA Conference, pp. 1452–1459, Glasgow, Scotland, July 2009.
- Y. Ding and J. S. Simonoff, “An investigation of missing data methods for classification trees applied to binary response data,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 11, pp. 131–170, 2010.
- K. Lakshminarayan, S. A. Harp, and T. Samad, “Imputation of missing data in industrial databases,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 259–275, 1999.
- R. J. Little and D. B. Rubin, Statistical Analysis with Missing Data, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- A. Farhangfar, L. Kurgan, and J. Dy, “Impact of imputation of missing values on classification error for discrete data,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 3692–3705, 2008.
- W. Nick Street and Y. Kim, “A streaming ensemble algorithm (SEA) for large-scale classification,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 377–382, San Francisco, Calif, USA, August 2001.
- H. Wang, W. Fan, P. S. Yu, and J. Han, “Mining concept-drifting data streams using ensemble classifiers,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 226–235, Washington, DC, USA, August 2003.
- S. Hashemi and Y. Yang, “Flexible decision tree for data stream classification in the presence of concept change, noise and missing values,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 95–131, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, N. Meratnia, and P. Havinga, “Outlier detection techniques for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 159–170, 2010.
- D. Janakiram, V. A. Mallikarjuna Reddy, and A. V. U. P. Kumar, “Outlier detection in wireless sensor networks using Bayesian belief networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Communication System Software and Middleware, pp. 1–6, 2006.
- Y. Hang and S. Fong, “Stream mining over fluctuating network traffic at variable data rates,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Advanced Information Management and Service (IMS '10), pp. 436–441, Seoul, Korea, November 2010.
- The Second International Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Tools Competition, Sponsored by the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Epsilon Data Mining Laboratory Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA), http://www.kdnuggets.com/meetings/kdd98/kdd-cup-98.html.
- A. Frank and A. Asuncion, UCI Machine Learning Repository, Irvine, Calif, USA, University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, 2010, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml.