- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 878595, 10 pages
Self-Optimization of Coverage and Capacity in LTE Networks Based on Central Control and Decentralized Fuzzy Q-Learning
Tsinghua National Laboratory for Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 4 May 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: Yiqing Zhou
Copyright © 2012 Jingyu Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- 3GPP TS 32.500, “Self-organizing networks (SON); Concepts and requirements (Release 9),” V9.0.0, December 2009.
- 3GPP TR 36.902, “E-UTRA; Self-configuring and self-optimizing network (SON) use cases and solutions (Release 9),” V9.3.1, March 2011.
- 3GPP TS 32.541, “SON; Self-healing concepts and requirements (Release 10),” V2.0.0, March 2011.
- S. Kirkpatrick, C. D. Gelatt, and M. P. Vecchi, “Optimization by simulated annealing,” Science, vol. 220, no. 4598, pp. 671–680, 1983.
- I. Siomina, P. Värbrand, and Y. Di, “Automated optimization of service coverage and base station antenna configuration in UMTS networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 16–25, 2006.
- T. Cai, G. P. Koudouridis, C. Qvarfordt, J. Johansson, and P. Legg, “Coverage and capacity optimization in E-UTRAN based on central coordination and distributed Gibbs sampling,” in Proceedings of the 71st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '10), pp. 1–5, May 2010.
- R. S. Sutton and A. G. Barto, Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction, MIT Press, 1998.
- 3GPP TS 36.300, “E-UTRA and E-UTRAN; Overall description; Stage 2 (Release 9),” V9.9.0, December 2011.
- 3G Americas, “The benefit of SON in LTE: self-optimization and self-organizing networks,” July 2011.
- ITU-Recommendation, “Requirements related to technical performance for IMT-Advanced radio interface(s),” Rec. ITU-R M.2134, November 2008.
- IEEE 802.16m-07/004r4, “IEEE 802.16m Evaluation Methodology Document (EMD),” November 2008.
- W. C. Y. Lee, Mobile Communications Engineering, McGraw-Hill, 1998.
- P. Y. Glorennec, Reinforcement Learning: An overview, European Symposium on Intelligent Techniques, Aachen, Germany, 2000.
- L. Panait and S. Luke, “Cooperative multi-agent learning: the state of the art,” Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 387–434, 2005.
- ITU-Recommendation, “Guidelines for evaluation of radio transmission technologies for IMT-2000,” Rec. ITU-R M.1225, 1998.
- 3GPP TSG-RAN WG1 R1-071987, “LTE downlink performance verification for frame structure type 2,” Telephone Conference, April 2007.
- 3GPP TR 36.814, “E-UTRA; Further advancements for E-UTRA physical layer aspects (Release 9),” V9.0.0, March 2010.