- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921208, 9 pages
Jam Eyes: A Traffic Jam Awareness and Observation System Using Mobile Phones
School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, Sichuan 611731, China
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ming Liu
Copyright © 2012 Xing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Koukoumidis, L. S. Peh, and M. R. Martonosi, “SignalGuru: leveraging mobile phones for collaborative traffic signal schedule advisory,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys '11), pp. 127–140, ACM, Bethesda, Md, USA, July 2011.
- H. H. Cao, B. Han, D. Hirshleifer, and H. H. Zhang, “Fear of the unknown: familiarity and economic decisions,” Review of Finance, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 173–206, 2011.
- Y. C. Cheng, Y. Chawathe, A. Lamarca, and J. Krumm, “Accuracy characterization for metropolitan-scale Wi-Fi localization,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys '05), pp. 233–245, ACM, June 2005.
- D. A. Johnson and M. M. Trivedi, “Driving style recognition using a smartphone as a sensor platform,” in Proceedings of the 14th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 1609–1615, Washington, DC, USA, 2011.
- Android sensor coordinate system, http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/SensorEvent.htmll.
- Orientate sensor, http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/sensors/sensors_position.html.
- “Vehicles keep inching up and putting on pounds,” http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-07-15-little-big-cars_N.htm.
- J. Arias, A. Zuloaga, J. Lázaro, J. Andreu, and A. Astarloa, “Malguki: an RSSI based ad hoc location algorithm,” Microprocessors and Microsystems, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 403–409, 2004.
- P. Trompette, V. Chanal, and C. Pelissier, “Crowdsourcing as a way to access external knowledge for innovation,” in Proceedings of the 24th EGOS Colloquium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 2008.
- Y. Zhang and M. van der Schaar, “Reputation-based incentive protocols in crowdsourcing applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 2140–2148, IEEE, Orlando, Fla, USA, March 2012.
- D. Yang, G. Xue, and X. Fang, “Crowdsourcing to smartphones: incentive mechanism design for mobile phone sensing,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '12), pp. 173–184, Istanbul, Turkey, August 2012.
- G. A. ten Holt, M. J. Reinders, and E. A. Hendriks, “Multi-dimensional dynamic time warping for gesture recognition,” in Proceedings of the 13th Annual Conference of the Advanced School for Computing and Imaging, June 2007.
- R. Muscillo, S. Conforto, M. Schmid, P. Caselli, and T. D'Alessio, “Classification of motor activities through derivative dynamic time warping applied on accelerometer data,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 4930–4933, 2007.
- Y. Sugiyamal, M. Fukui, M. Kikuchi et al., “Traffic jams without bottlenecks-experimental evidence for the physical mechanism of the formation of a jam,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 10, no. 3, Article ID 033001, 2008.
- P. Degond and M. Delitala, “Modelling and simulation of vehicular traffic jam formation,” Kinetic and Related Models, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 279–293, 2008.
- G. Orosz, R. E. Wilson, R. Szalai, and G. Stépán, “Exciting traffic jams: nonlinear phenomena behind traffic jam formation on highways,” Physical Review E, vol. 80, no. 4, Article ID 046205, 2009.
- J. Long, Z. Gao, X. Zhao, A. Lian, and P. Orenstein, “Urban traffic jam simulation based on the cell transmission model,” Networks and Spatial Economics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 43–64, 2011.
- J. Dai, J. Teng, X. Bai, Z. Shen, and D. Xuan, “Mobile phone based drunk driving detection,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (Pervasive Health '10), March 2010.