- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 932683, 17 pages
Wireless Multiple Access and Analog Oscillation Analysis in Microgrids: A Prony Approach
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Received 7 February 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: Mooi Choo Chuah
Copyright © 2012 Shuping Gong and Husheng Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- ISO New England Inc, Overview of the Smart Grid: Policies, Initiatives and Needs, ISO New England Inc, 2009.
- P. Piagi and R. H. Lasseter, “Autonomous control of microgrids,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting (PES '6), June 2006.
- N. Hatziargyriou, H. Asano, R. Iravani, and C. Marnay, “Microgrids,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 78–94, 2007.
- J. Xiao, X. Xie, Y. Han, and J. Wu, “Dynamic tracking of low-frequency oscillations with improved prony method in wide-area measurement system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, pp. 1104–1109, June 2004.
- CIGREWorking Group, Wide Area Monitoring and Control for Transmission Capability Enhancement, vol. C4.601, CIGRE Publication, 2007.
- IEEE Power Engineering Society, IEEE Standard for Synchrophasors for Power Systems, IEEE Std. C37.118TM-2005 (Revision of IEEE Std. 1344TM-1995).
- J. D. Kueck, R. H. Staunton, S. D. Labinov, and B. J. Kirby, “Microgrid energy management system,” Technical Report ORNL/TM-2002/242, Oak Ridge National Lab, 2002.
- D. J. Trudnowski, J. M. Johnson, and J. F. Hauer, “Making prony analysis more accurate using multiple signals,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 226–231, 1999.
- G. Liu, J. Quintero, and V. Venkatasubramanian, “Oscillation monitoring system based on wide area synchrophasors in power systems,” in Proceedings of the IREP Symposium- Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control, Charleston, SC, USA, August 2007.
- K. Steiglitz and L. E. McBride, “A technique for the identification of linear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 10, pp. 461–464, 1965.
- J. N. Juang and R. S. Pappa, “An eigensystem realization algorithm for modal parameter identification and model reduction,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 620–627, 1985.
- J. F. Hauer, C. J. Demeure, and L. L. Scharf, “Initial results in Prony analysis of power system response signals,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 80–89, 1990.
- J. J. Sanchez-Gasca, “Performance comparison of three identification methods for the analysis of electromechanical oscillations,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 995–1002, 1999.
- J. F. Hauer, “The use of Prony analysis to determine modal content and equivalent models for measured power system response,” in Proceddings of the IEEE Symposium of Eigenanalysis and Frequency Domain Methods for System Dynamic Performance, 1989.
- J. F. Hauer, “BPA experience in the measurement of power system dynamics,” in Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Inter-Area Oscillation in Power Systems, 1994.
- D. J. Trudnowski, M. K. Donnelly, and J. F. Hauer, “Estimating damping effectiveness of BPA’s Thyristor controlled series capacitor by applying time and frequency domain methods to measured response,” in Proceedings of IEEE/PES Summer Power Meeting, Denver, Colo, USA, July 1996.
- D. J. Trudnowski and J. E. Dagle, “Effects of generator and staticload nonlinearities on electromechanical oscillations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/PES Summer Power Meeting, July 1996.
- D. J. Trudnowski, J. R. Smith, T. A. Short, and D. A. Pierre, “An application of Prony methods in PSS design for multimachine systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 118–126, 1991.
- M. K. Donnelly, J. R. Smith, R. M. Johnson, J. F. Hauer, R. W. Brush, and R. Adapa, “Control of a dynamic brake to reduce turbine-generator shaft transient torques,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 67–73, 1993.
- J. H. Hong and J. K. Park, “A time-domain approach to transmission network equivalents via prony analysis for electromagnetic transients analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1789–1797, 1995.
- D. J. Trudnowski, J. M. Johnson, and J. F. Hauer, “SIMO system identification from measured ringdowns,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, June 1998.
- P. Stoica and A. Nehorai, “MUSIC, maximum likelihood, and Cramer-Rao bound,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 720–741, 1989.
- W. M. Steedly and R. L. Moses, “The Cramer-Rao bound for pole and amplitude coefficient estimates of damped exponential signals in noise,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 1305–1318, 1993.
- W. M. Steedly, C. H. J. Ying, and R. L. Moses, “Statistical analysis of SVD-based Prony techniques,” in Proceedings of the 25th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems & Computers, pp. 232–236, November 1991.
- W. M. Steedly, C. H. J. Ying, and R. L. Moses, “Statistical analysis of TLS-based prony techniques,” Automatica, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 115–129, 1994.
- J. G. Proakis, C. M. Rader, F. Ling, C. L. Nikias, M. Moonen, and I. K. Proudler, Algorithms for Statistical Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2002.
- D. J. Trudnowski, “Order reduction of large-scale linear oscillatory system models,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 451–458, 1994.
- R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge Univeristy Press, Cambridge, UK, 1990.
- A. K. Jain, M. N. Murty, and P. J. Flynn, “Data clustering: a review,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 264–323, 1999.
- P. Berkhin, “Survey of clustering data mining techniques,” Tech. Rep., Accrue Software, 2002.
- R. Xu and D. Wunsch, “Survey of clustering algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 645–678, 2005.